Sales - application specialist C
Job TitleSales - application specialist C
Sales Application Specialist China
Lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company.
As an Application Engineer LED Horticulture you will be responsible for delivering design-in support and technical related question work to external customers, global Horticulture marketing & sales organizations and product management.
You will also be responsible of preparing part of the technical product documentation and will provide input for new product developments
You are part of a professional and innovative team of plant experts, technical specialists, sales and marketing building together a fast growing business. In this team you will report to the Global manager application engineering, working closely with a team of application engineers. You will interact with colleagues from sales, and development, but also with customers, suppliers, and partners. Typically, in the sales phase of a new project, you work closely with a Key Account Manager, and a Plant Specialist.
Philips has been leading in growth lighting for many years. The latest development in growth lighting is the application of LED technology. Philips Horticulture defines and delivers solutions which enable the growers globally to increase the productivity with lesser energy costs. Finding the best solution for the grower involves partnership development with multiple partners such as the grower-associations, research centers, and build relationship with specialized financing, business and growers consultancy agencies. The Philips Horticulture LED Solutions team is a multi-disciplinary and very specialized team of true professionals specialized in the horticulture business.
- Your responsibilities
In this challenging role you have an external responsibility, in ensuring that professional growers and technical partners are provided with high quality design and support throughout the whole process (from lead to aftercare).
Your activities in this area are to:
- Create project advice, electrical/mechanical; make project cost estimations, make light plans and calculations in Dialux and implement light design closely with installers and end users; and provide timely after sales services such as light measurement and check, address and report field quality complains accordingly;
- Being the expert of Philips Horticulture LED solutions, provide internal and external training to customers in the use of products/systems, being part of the product portfolio of Horticulture LED Solutions and familiar hardware of greenhouse in long term;
- Deliver technical assistance, monitoring product reliability and driving continuous improvement of product and support strategies to customers;
Secondly, you will contribute internally through:
- Participating in new product sourcing, new product development and new product launch process for both potential global projects as well as local projects;
- Being responsible for update competitive landscape in the market;
- (Co) writing and prepare technical product documentation and installation guides.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top