Regional Commodity Manager (Freight & Distribution)
Job TitleRegional Commodity Manager (Freight & Distribution)
The Regional Commodity Manager will drive sourcing projects in the area of physical distribution and road transportation with the aim to optimize total cost of ownership and create agile and scalable supply chains. You will enable the execution of growth initiatives through the sourcing of different logistics modalities for businesses and markets. You will define commodity and sourcing strategies aligned with sector programs and requirements. You will lead negotiations teams, be part of implementation projects and manage commercial relationships with strategic suppliers.
- Develop the regional F&D commodity strategy (mainly different modes of road and parcel) and manage commodity requirements
- Define sourcing strategies aligned with business requirements, execute strategic tender processes and lead the negotiations process including timelines and facilitate the decision making process. Ensure commercial gatekeeping during implementation., including completion of the contracting process
- Support development of business cases and track saving plans
- Optimize the supply base on the basis of total cost of ownership and develop sustainable supplier relationships;
- Manage the business review process with suppliers to ensure that market trends, supplier performance and the future business needs of the sectors are aligned;
- Align with sector supply chain management to ensure successful definition and execution of commodity strategies;
- Ensure effective relationship/stakeholder management towards sectors/business/markets. Actively support with supply market & process knowledge and expertise in the area of Forwarding & Distribution.
- Act as Supplier Manager for a strategic supplier , including relationship management, strategy alignment, supplier development
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field. MS/MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within a logistics role. Experience within a large logistics/shipping company is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills to digest complex information, see trends and analysis through data (MS Access/Excel)
- Pro-active attitude which helps you taking on own initiatives and improvement projects
- Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication with ability to work in fast-paced environment
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top