Record to Report Accounting Specialist South LATAM - Panamá
Job TitleRecord to Report Accounting Specialist South LATAM - Panamá
The Accounting Specialist will be part of the first line of defense in Accounting Operations in a growing financial Hub for Latin America, covering one or more organizational units for Philips Lighting. He/ She will be part of a dynamic and multicultural team located in Panama City, Panama. .
- Coordinate the Month End Closing process in collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Collaborate with internal areas and coordinate third party service suppliers to ensure that bookings/accounting is accurately and timely maintained.
- Review that all balances and movements are correctly held and that adequate reconciliations are available, responsible E2E Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation process (BSAR).
- Verify compliance with accounting standards and regulations (Philips Accounting Principles, IFRS, local regulations).
- Maintain control, allocation, recording and physical verification processes for Philips GL accounting activities of respective operational unit(s) assigned.
- Provide accurate and timely data for fiscal reporting, audits and other requirements.
- Complete Internal Controls work in accordance with the Internal Control Standard (ICS) tool on a timely and accurate basis. Will be fully responsible for the internal controls under his/her scope.
- Participate in process and other continuous improvements efforts for Month end closing and other financial objectives.
- You will be part of a Financial Segment Hub providing Accounting services to all Latin American Countries.
- This role will report to the Record To Report Leader LATAM.
- Will have a direct relationship with the local Business Partner (controller) and FP&A requiring collaboration, negotiation and communication skills.
We are looking for:
- Accounting formal education, superior level degree desired (CPA or alike) or under conclusion.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of accounting areas.
- Fluent English required, Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills and SAP or any other ERP knowledge.
- Preferably having audit or consulting experience from "Big 4" firms
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top