R&D Quality Office Leader
Job TitleR&D Quality Office Leader
The R&D Systems team is responsible to develop most innovative 'end to end' systems for a diverse landscape of Lighting customers. We offer system propositions to multiple market segments and sub- segments across the globe.
Our systems consist of application software (mobile apps, web apps, cloud-based, enterprise) and infrastructure hardware and software (sensors, switches, luminaries, gateways, servers, wireless and wired communication protocols)
The R&D Quality Office is a team of experts within the R&D Systems team. This team enables and stimulates the various development teams and the Project Management Office to deliver on critical success factors:
- Right quality and reliability of deliverables – hardware, firmware, software, interfaces, end-to-end system solutions (own developed as well as received from suppliers and partners)
- Adequate development processes – Agility and Continuous improvement are key for our business. This requires the right adaptive processes in a rapidly changing IoT environment.
- Security and Privacy, emerging and critical in our IoT offerings
- Adequate tooling for development and field configuration management
- System simulation to enable early and continuous system quality
- Customer and User focus: ensuring the right value, experience and quality levels for our customers and users and the right interfaces for our partners.
You will lead the R&D Quality Office team, a multi-site team of experts in domains of System, Software and product Quality, Agile Excellence, Security and Privacy, Tooling and Simulation.
- People and competence management of your teams. You ensure knowledgeable, engaged, business and improvement oriented teams. You create an inspiring work environment by motivating, challenging, and coaching your team members. You maximize use of the latest methods and techniques. You develop a long term view on required competences.
- Ensure the right quality and reliability of deliverables with R&D teams by using expertise, the right criteria, KPIs and targets and by utilization of the right frameworks and methods such as FMEA, DFSS, Scaled Agile (SAFe), CTQ Flow Down, Reliability tools.
- Enable Continuous improvement in your own team as well as with the other R&D teams. You define and implement with other R&D System team members adequate improvement steps to achieve execution excellence for business results. You lead team of Scaled Agile and software and system quality experts. You and your team act as a change agents.
- Security and Privacy approach for Professional Systems R&D and business stakeholders. You define the Security and Privacy criteria, technology and processes and ensure proper execution in programs. You lead a team of security and privacy experts.
- Ensure the right tooling and simulation for software and system development teams. You define the right development tooling with company IT. You develop system configuration environments for sales teams. You lead a team of tooling, simulation and configuration management experts.
- You establish networks with relevant players inside and outside the company for the expertise in your teams and actively use networks to define the way forward for Professional Systems on the mentioned areas. Teams that you are strongly linked to within Philips Lighting are Innovation2Market excellence, Security, Privacy (legal), Quality, IT.
You will be part of R&D System Management Team. You will be reporting directly to R&D Manager System.
When joining Philips Lighting, you will be part of a global leadership team with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips Lighting shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
The successful candidate in this role has/is:
- Master degree in SW Engineering, Informatics or Electronics
- Proven track record in software and system R&D (change) management, using modern development methodologies like Scaled Agile (preferably SAFe)
- Experience in Product Quality assurance with focus on Software (embedded and application)
- Experience in managing international teams
- Experience in working with external partners and suppliers (from selection to delivery)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software intense system development in all stages (design, development, operation, evolution, maintenance)
- General knowledge of IoT architectures, development techniques, Security and Privacy, deployment models, etc
- Preferably has experience as Black Belt (DMAIC or DfSS)
- Open minded, change agent
- Passion for a learning and business oriented culture
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in English)
- A strong leader, eager to invest in personal and team growth
- Inspiring, collaborative, sets clear expectations and possesses excellent coaching skills
- A quality-conscious improvement attitude
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- Curious, open and feel at home in an international environment
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top