R&D Group Manager Software
Job TitleR&D Group Manager Software
- and build world class embedded software team, and ensure delivery on time with good quality
- Define, deploy, and drive sustainable process improvements through the development cycles
- Closely cooperate with global software community cross businesses on embedded software development methodologies, best practices, and standard work.
- Define and champion firmware technologies to improve the efficiency, quality and product ease use.
- Define and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) – drive corrective actions throughout the entire software team based on evidence and results.
- Continuously enhance our system verification and validation processes, working closely with software quality and system I&V Team
- Identify both strategic product & business opportunities, address potential threats associated with emerging technologies, and execute software development plans.
- Prioritize and manage resource allocation for the products based on changing business priorities and budget constraints.
- Manage morale and engagement of software development team. Create and communicate employee performance evaluations and development plans.
- 10+ years experience in the software (firmware) industry, 3+ years managing technical teams
- Excellent knowledge of embedded software programming language C&C#, proven experience on real time embedded software development & embedded linux OS, and configuration/test tool sets.
- Experience in working with commercial teams, customers, partner or suppliers to deliver results
- Competence and experience with Scrum / Agile development and hybrid implementations
- Direct experience in engineering process, project management and change management
- Skills in problem solving, critical thinking, interpersonal communication, relation building and influencing
- Result oriented, sense of urgency, managing by facts and quality first
- Fluent in English
Expected travelling percentage: <10%
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top