Radio communication and electronics internships.
Job TitleRadio communication and electronics internships.
Your challenge is to design and verify electronic functions or methods that support easy and trouble free integration into modern professional lighting systems. In this context lighting systems get more complex and have increased functionality like,
- Automation of control
- Monitoring of availability
- Modulation of light for communication purposes
In this internship you can face multiple challenges, all related to electronic functions in indoor or outdoor professional lighting systems. Based on the internship, apprentice or graduation, your experience and available coaches, it is negotiable which one to work on. At this moment, we seek interns for assignments related to:
- Design and verification of a self-calibrating Control algorithm for communication via a light source
- Proof of Concept for the use of a robust, passive Near Field Communication system with extended communication range in a manufacturing environment.
At the end of the internship, you have finished and completed a report on part or whole of one of the above subjects.
You will work in close cooperation with Hardware Platform Architects in the R&D department “Connected Luminaire Innovations”. In this department, clever system architectures are developed in order to enable easy integration of electronic components into luminaires.
We are offering an internship of three to six months, where you will have the unique opportunity to learn and develop yourself in a multinational environment with an experienced group of professionals. We are looking for someone who can start ASAP.
The subjects have many aspects which makes it especially suitable for both apprentice and thesis internships.
We are looking for
Level: HBO graduation or University intermediate internship or University graduation
Profile: Electronics, Power Electronics, Analog Electronics or Radio Communication.
For most assignments, affinity with Firmware/Software development is considered a plus.
You are a teamplayer, self-propelling and pro-active. Able to read, write and express yourself in English
- You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your situation. (also towards rented accommodation or public transport
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
- The content of our regular internship assignments is not suitable for MBA students with professional work experience.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top