Quality Project Leader
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light... #findyourmeaning
The main objective for a System Quality Project Leader is to assure the quality and reliability of new systems and products. For this purpose, the System QPL takes integral ownership of system / product quality from a content perspective and the quality management processes in development projects. Software Quality is key focus area, given Lightings increasing drive for realizing Connected Lighting Systems.
Together we can...
The System QPL is responsible for achieving the system / product quality, reliability, security and safety results, for assuring compliance to the relevant legal requirements in continuously evolving system projects in a multi-disciplinary environment frequently crossing businesses. Focus area for the System QPL will be Software, being an area of growth within the Connected Lighting domain. He/she cooperates closely with peers in the development teams, guides and supports them in realizing and integrating compliant software and hardware, meeting our customers' requirements and expectations. The System QPL creates transparency through the implementation of various KPI's, drives improvements by not accepting the status-quo and assures Milestone passing is enabled.
The scope of this responsibility is equal to the scope of the development project: from Project Start-Up (PSU) up to Mass Production Release (MPR) and valid for both in house development projects and outsourced development projects. In case of deviations from project plan and/or objectives, the Validation Engineer shall define and agree with the Project Manager the corrective actions to get integral quality back on track. For systems the scope extends to continuous growth of the systems both in configurations and in features supported.
In this position as Quality Project Leader, you'll:
- Define and drive execution of the quality management processes within multi-disciplinary, multi business global development project.
- Report regularly on progress, results and bottlenecks to all relevant stakeholders.
- Advise the project leader on milestone decisions. Escalate to management when needed.
- Ensure that reviews of project documents (e.g. CRS / SRS / FRS / Test Plans) is executed and verify compliance.
- Drive the handover of (quality) documentation to Field and Service Quality, Industrial / Supplier Quality at closure of the development project
- Drive and participate in (global) quality improvement programs
- Support the Development Quality manager in defining a quality roadmap
To be considered for this role, you bring:
- Technical Academic/University degree (BSc or MSc) or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in system development, preferably both hardware, (embedded) software and portal / mobile applications
- A track record on working in Agile Software Development environments, preferably SAFe
- Experience in Quality Assurance methods and tools. (eg DfSS, GMP etc), a BB level is required.
- Is able to apply the appropriate statistics to give contents to fact-based decision making.
- Is knowledgeable to guide a project using DfSS tools (e.g. DOE's and modelling).
- Analytical knowledge or experience.
Back to top