Job TitlePurchasing Intern
We challenge you to take an active role in our purchasing department working closely with our manufacturing team.
- Follow up on excess and obsolete materials actions and execution.
- Work with the Planners, Supervisors, Fabrication team to change soft-BOMs to make sure correct backflushing takes place.
- Prepare reports on progress.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/home
We are looking for:
- Currently in pursuit of a Bachelor's degree
- Strong communication skills
- High level of PC skills – Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multitask throughout the day
- Analytical, financial and statistical skills to resolve problems quickly
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top