Project Manager, Procurement
Job TitleProject Manager, Procurement
In this challenging procurement role, be an integral part of a customer project team for the installation of light fixtures. Based on customer need and smart bidding processes, oversee the prompt selection and negotiations of 3rd party suppliers and contracts. Execute commodity strategies, while maximizing project benefits (TCO approach) and minimizing risks & liabilities. Assess technical, commercial and health & safety project requirements and obtain the best supplier pricing for the sourcing of products, systems and services.
- Technical and commercial assessment of the project requirements
- Supplier scouting, evaluation, auditing, selection, contracting and performance measurement; maintain a local/regional preferred supply base.
- Negotiation and creation of supplier contracts (back to back), with prices, terms and conditions
- Creation and maintenance of technical procurement specification based on site audits (i.e. electrical installation, emergency lighting and commissioning) in close cooperation with engineering
- RFX process (RFQ writing and management )
- E-sourcing Tools & Processes
- Supply base management
- Supplier and Quality Risk Management including due diligence
- Work with tight deadlines and organize tasks for asynchronous work to proposal process
- Problem solving, while dealing with ambiguity and acting with integrity
- Participate in proposal/project meetings and manage internal stakeholder relationships
We are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in technology/sciences, business management, or related
- 5+ years of experience in a fast paced technology, engineering, infrastructure or building industry
- 5+ years in a procurement role with track record of success in an international project business
- 5+ years' experience managing a procurement budget; thorough knowledge of financial concepts
- General construction Industry knowledge, electrical and/or lighting focus preferred
- Deep knowledge of electrical engineering and policies
- Experience in commodities for lighting projects (i.e. electric cabinets and components, meters, sensors, networking devices for field business, integration business, cloud gates, electric installation material & services, smartphone/ tablets application development services, software developments/integration, testing services)
- Experience working with technical service suppliers (VOB knowledge, claim management, etc.)
- Networking capabilities with internal & external stakeholders
- Process mindset; capable of developing standard work & training materials for internal & external stakeholders
- Experience working in tender/project environment under tight time constraints
- Project Management Certification (PMP) highly desirable
- Valid Driver's License and willingness to travel within assigned territory
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top