Project Manager (English Native)
Job TitleProject Manager (English Native)
Do you have what it takes to be part of a growing organization that brings new ways of working and new ways of thinking in commercial and technical aspects?
Philips Lighting is the leading provider in the world of lighting systems for both professional and consumer markets, from light sources, luminaires and controls to lighting systems and services.
The remarkable transformation currently taking place in the lighting industry caused by the LED technology and its novel applications as the new source of lighting, we have ample opportunity to create value propositions and business opportunities in all market segments.
For our new European Lighting Solution Centers, focused on Systems and Services Solutions (i.e. Smart buildings), we are looking for top talent to be the catalyst of change and support sales growth in our strategic domains. Currently, we are looking to find new Project Manager in Madrid, Spain or Guildford, UK.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading bid management and end to end execution of customer projects, from coming into force till closure. You are accountable for the budget and passing stage gates as per the project plan and customer's requirements. Furthermore you will:
- Mobilize the internal and external resources required;
- Create all plans and schedules: GANTT, PERT, sales curve, cash curve, risk management, claims management, change management plan;
- Evaluate and manage all change requests as to feasibility, costs/benefits and added value;
- Deliver the signed-off business case for the customer project at Submit gate;
- Manage the project's P&L and improve margin everywhere possible: team, delivery, procurement;
- Identify up-selling opportunities in course of project;
- Participate in formal offer review before proposal submission ensuring that site works cost are properly reflected;
- Define the risks (technical and commercial) of the project and develop scenarios to overcome them;
- Tailor customer project process to his project needs;
- Ensure all state gates are passes with proper documents, reviews, check lists and approvals;
- Manage operationally the project team;
- Drive post-mortem learning loop and ensure capitalization.
As a Project Manager, you will enter a dynamic organization that is growing due to opportunities in Lighting Solutions for Systems and Services. You will report to the System Center Head.
You will have ample opportunity to build up and run our Systems and Services Center for Lighting in Europe and to influence the Systems & Services transformation, supporting deals and delivery.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Competitive salary depending on experience and background
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually, depending on the location
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
To be successful in this role you will need to be/ have:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in engineering direction and PMP certification;
- Excellent command of English and other European languages is required;
- You bring 5 to 10 years of relevant experience managing large end-user projects (i.e. Project's top line, costs, risks, claims and ebit) and budgets (500K+);
- Knowledge in financial concepts, tender and contracting processes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; you are responsible and problem solver person with strong coordination and communication skills;
- People management experience or ambition.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for Skype/telephone recruitment- and business interviews.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top