Product Security Lead – Philips Hue
Philips hue is the global leader in connected consumer lighting. Thanks to the magical customer experiences created by our wireless controlled lighting products, we are undergoing rapid growth. In sales, in functionality and application scope. That is why Philips hue is hiring! We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to help redefine lighting for the digital age. It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help shape one of the world's leading smart home platforms and have a powerful impact on people's everyday lives.
Are you just as excited about the Internet of Things (IoT) and the smart home as we are? Do you want to play a pivotal role as a key contributor for the Philips hue connected lighting range of products? Are you thrilled about what connected lighting can offer to our consumers at home and have the drive to help us to further improve this? Then this might be the job for you!
Want to find out more about working at Philips hue? We invite you to visit us online and check our inspiring hue employee stories to see what we mean: http://philips.to/2nrkzs7.
Philips Hue is one of the leading connected consumer products in the world with a complex system portfolio comprising a broad portfolio of light points, an embedded gateway, mobile applications and a cloud backend. Ensuring that these products are secure and our customer's privacy is respected is of critical importance to success of our business throughout the product lifecycle (specification, design, implementation and in-field monitoring and up gradation).
The Philips Hue business is a leading product in a young fast moving industry, your challenge will be to embed robust product security roadmaps, processes and mindset into the overall business as well to drive the standard for what product security should mean for connected products in the Internet of Things era.
Your main tasks will include:
- Definition, detailing and management of the product security and secure process roadmap.
- Running, owning and improving the product security business processes (Security Risk assessments, responsible disclosure, key handling processes etc).
- Developing threat detection signals and incident response plans.
- Working together with the technical security team and product development teams to ensure that appropriate security measures are implemented in all of product and feature development.
- Scoping, review and handling of external security audits, penetration tests, responsible disclosures and code reviews.
- Executing projects to improve security event collection, detection, analysis, correlation, and response.
- Handling of security incidents for the business
- Driving investigation and resolution
- Advising business leadership on appropriate response and mitigating
- Working with external communications team to draft any appropriate statements
- Reporting to business leadership on handling of incidents
You will be part of the System Product Management team in the Home Systems business headquarters in Eindhoven reporting to the Head of Technology. You will need work closely with the R&D and Quality teams as well as the central security research and operations teams.
We are looking for:
Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of experience working in a product security leadership role.
- 5+ additional years of working experience in the security domain.
- Experience with physical product security beyond enterprise IT security is a must.
- Experience implementing and running strong security processes within an organization, experience with security certifications a benefit.
- Excellent and fluent communicator in English who is comfortable explaining complex topics to non-expert audiences.
- Experience with Zigbee or similar wireless networks, embedded linux, mobile applications and/or Cloud platforms.
- Creative problem solver, able to independently scope, refine and propose solutions to problems together with technical and marketing stakeholders.
- A flexible and open attitude combined with an entrepreneurial spirit and a continuous improvement mindset.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the global #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
- Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips Lighting shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, we urge you to upload your resume as soon as possible through the Philips career site.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment- and business interviews.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top