Product Manager - Markham, Ontario
Job TitleProduct Manager - Markham, Ontario
Product Manager - Markham, Ontario (individual contributor role)
You will support all product marketing for the Canadian Consumer LED business unit.
The Consumer LED product marketing expert means deeply understanding and anticipating Canadian customer needs
Bridge Canadian customer product requirements with global product development
- Defines the sales & marketing plan for all Consumer and LED products in Canada, including the distribution- and channel mix, product positioning, service, pricing, revenue targets, brand management, MarCom activities, launch plans etc.
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Extract and analyze market and customer data to provide key insights into product and pricing strategy
- Implement and monitor your marketing strategy for the Consumer LED portfolio of products working in partnerships the sales and product creation groups
- Responsible for local consistency in pricing and product range.
- Owns the sales forecast and manages slow moving or outdated inventory, resolves product allocation issues.
- Defines (corrective) actions and formulates marketing support requirements to improve on business objectives.
- Drives local processes towards cost efficiency
Sets and manages margins and prices
Leads BMC planning and strategy for the assigned products
Supports forecast accuracy for the designated products
Defines the product portfolio, the product positioning, pricing, distribution, service and promotion plan
Manages data for the assigned products
Manages revenues and IGM targets within the assigned products
Ensure product portfolio is aligned with needs of the Canadian market
Maximizes lighting (brand) positioning
Customer focused driven
Drives cross functional collaboration, strategic focus and organization agility
Influences a winning spirit, embedding our culture within Product Marketing teams
What we are looking for :
Bachelor's degree in tech sciences, Business Administration in marketing/sales or related discipline
5 + years involving product marketing or product management responsibilities within a large technology company
5 + years of in-depth knowledge in product positioning, pricing, distribution, service and promotion plan to positively impact market share
5+ years of experience in product or segment marketing demonstrating success in revenue growth and positive customer feedback
3+ years working with Consumer retail channels including online and traditional brick and motor retailers
3+ years of experience working in a global marketing and sales organization
You will be reporting to our Canadian Marketing Leader and joining a team of 25 people
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips Lighting Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have been made aware of fraudulent job offers, misrepresenting Philips in the market place. Philips does not send a cheque when making a job offer and does not charge a fee for any phase of the job application process. If you receive a cheque or are requested to pay a fee in order to process a job application or conduct a background check, these are not authorized Philips communications. Also, be advised that Philips employees only conduct email communications via "@philips.com" email accounts, communication from other email accounts like @philipslighting.ca are not official Philips communications. Always exercise caution when personal information is being requested of you. To report a scam, please visit the Government of Canada's Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
#LI-NC1 10 No
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top