Product manager LED Lamps - LEDtubes
Job TitleProduct manager LED Lamps - LEDtubes
Main purpose of the role
The Global Product Manager for TLED Lamps is responsible for the growth of a significant part of the fast expanding Global TLED portfolio. Key responsibility is to manage the product portfolio during its product lifecycle, with a focus on leading the New Product Introduction and Creation in a cross-functional environment.
The Global Product Manager analyses trends, identify gaps, and creates the product portfolio plan to achieve ambition. Key competency is to translate market requirements into actionable product propositions. During the product life cycle the Global Product Manager will work on new concept and business case creation, product launches, portfolio healthiness, and managing phasing in/out of products.
Position/reporting in the organisation
Reports to the Senior Director Global Product Management for TLED Lamps.
Strong collaboration with the Regional Product Managers LED Lamps (EMEA, NAM, Growth Markets, and LATAM, China), the Shanghai-based Product Project Management and R& Team, Logistics, Purchasing, Quality, Packaging competence center.
- Owns product portfolio and product creation process in product management team
- Safeguards the growth plans of the portfolio to ensure attainment of the business objectives of the category.
- Defines functional product specifications and translates into technical product specifications together with technical team.
- Actively participates in project teams, guarding the functional specification, cost price and timing during the product realization phase.
- Manage product diversification (12NC's) and strives for global/regional clustering.
- Set up and maintain master data and pricing in the dedicated systems
- Supports market introduction by providing samples and specifications
- Create input for the market introduction package according to the market introduction process
- Translates market requirements into product propositions
- Analyzes sales and identify gaps as input to road mapping process.
- Supports the regional sales organizations with proper product / application information and training.
- Have a close working relation with the regional teams, production and development departments and take share in the responsibility for a smoothly running data and supply chain
- Initiate and coordinate technical benchmark studies
- Make packaging brief & follow up the packaging with regional marketing teams
- Enable sales force to capture business opportunities to drive sales.
Knowledge, skills and competency requirements
- Able to translate customer insights into compelling business propositions.
- Have high profile product marketing experience in global environment and proven track record.
- Have capability to manage a complex and rapidly changing portfolio of technical products; Understanding of lighting applications and end-user needs.
- Structured and integrated thinker. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills to build an effective network in and outside the organization.
- Have can-do mindset and a cooperative and inspirational style
- Experience in product management in B2B environment will be a plus
- Be able to cope with rapid change and work under competitive pressure
- Fluent English communication and skilled at MS Office
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top