Product Development Engineer/Product Architect, L2 LED Electronics
Job TitleProduct Development Engineer/Product Architect, L2 LED Electronics
Create and develop optimal product and system architectures of L2 LED modules and systems in outdoor, linear, and point domain. Trigger new technology developments by creating product roadmaps based on market and technology trends relevant for the application areas of the assigned system.
Be a specialist in technical competencies to develop our L2 LED Modules and relevant LED Systems. Stay abreast of LED technology advancements and work with an outside-in view to understand and fulfill customer and market requirements, as well as competitive alternatives. Be able to deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic and global environment.
- Define and develop the total architecture of required L2 LED modules and systems in linear, outdoor, and point domain (including selection of LED's, PCB's, optics and electronics), while allowing for thermal and mechanical factors.
- Characterize and update the decomposition of the architecture into sub-systems, building blocks and interfaces.
- Evaluate, with product management and marketing, the feasibility and generation of business proposals from a system perspective.
- Provide system solutions based on building blocks that fit customer requirements.
- Facilitate communication with external partners.
- Collaborate extensively with corresponding Product Managers and global technical teams for building blocks release and technical platform release of the first selected carrier products.
- Collect market and customer feedback relevant for maintenance and improvement of the platform and system.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers and technicians and share learnings and insights to build up the technical competences of the team.
- Provide the North America (NA) LED modules roadmap and input to the global LED modules team.
- Clarify customer and functional requirement specifications on new LED modules needed for NA market to development teams and provide required architecture and design consultancy.
We are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology/Engineering (Optical, Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical); Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience as an architect, intensively participating in a broader system with experience in LED modules development
- 3+ years actively creating and successfully executing technology and product road maps
- 3+ years proven ability to understand and support technology from design to product launch and service
- Strong knowledge of optical and mechanical systems, semiconductors and hardware
- Knowledge of LED Lighting fixture designs and applicable standards and regulations is a plus
- Collaborative and ardent networker in the technology domain with proven success in delivering results with global development teams
- Sharp customer orientation with high energy levels; excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, manage global stakeholders and deliver results on time
- Willingness to learn and travel; 10-15% travel expected, mainly regional
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top