Job TitleProduct Designer
As a design consultant, you are responsible for supporting the product/service design strategy for designated categories. You need to take lead in most types of innovation activities such as user insights, new product development, and co-design with stakeholders, manage project and client relations, etc. You are also responsibility for implementation of design thinking and the quality of design deliverables. More importantly, you add value to the Philips brand through the creation of great user experiences via products, services, and innovative solutions. You will also be responsible for controlling quality of design deliverables for the team, helping junior designers improve design competence, and contributing to team growth.
Analytical & conceptual skills:
You use appropriate and effective analytical and conceptual skills to increase domain knowledge and to create meaningful and innovative solutions.
- Analyze required information to form a relevant understanding of context (domain, business, market, emerging contexts, related trends, target groups, etc.) and define and articulate relevant insights.
- Create surprising and relevant scenarios/ themes/ concepts that explore potential or articulate a proposition, based on contextual understanding.
Visual design skills:
You use appropriate and effective visual design skills to articulate simplicity across products, supporting business needs and increasing NPS.
- Use appropriate skills (sketching, 3D modelling, rendering) to define and communicate product concepts.
- Create effective and appropriate visual languages by understanding the meaning and effect of these on the brand, audience, market and culture.
Functional design skills:
You use appropriate and effective functional design skills to articulate simplicity through function, interaction, manufacture, materials and finish - supporting business needs and increasing NPS.
- Create functional product concepts that appropriately address the user-context requirements. Apply and define (general) interface and interaction principles. Define and apply general usability principles (in partnership with Interaction Design)
- Define technical opportunities and constraints and apply appropriate production technology, materials and finishes (in partnership with Concept Prototyping & IP, VTA, etc.).
Communicating & influencing skills:
Uses appropriate and effective communicating & influencing skills to build relationships with teams and key decision makers and achieve the best solutions.
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level.
- Build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal & external stakeholders.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top