Job TitleProduct Architect
- Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Work with the hardware, software & research teams to jointly develop & maintain the product architecture of all devices in the road-map.
- Work with the pre-development team in definition of new features and develop necessary prototypes to validate
- Review the embedded software code of upcoming products or new features, and provide early feedback on design issues that affect the hardware architecture
- Understand the system road-map and identify dependencies between the product and system features
- Align and work with the product software team to populate the backlog with the road-map & feature requests
- Develop HSI competency in the products team and build up product & system knowledge
- Coordinate between hardware, software and system team to keep optimizing the way of working to enhance the efficient.
15 to 20 years of hands on experience working on embedded systems. Excellent knowledge of HSI, Micro-controller architectures and embedded applications Strong programming capabilities in C Experience in designing HSI, software architectures for products and systems Awareness of hardware analog concepts, power electronics, ability to understand schematics Good knowledge of software development cycles & software engineering practices Experience with software development tools, Static analysis tools, Configuration management tools & defect tracking tools Knowledge of Agile methodologies and a good understanding of the scrum process Nice to have:
Knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies, ZigBee, BLE
Experience in the connected lighting domain
Very good stakeholder management & communication skills Strong leadership skills and ability to influence and technically lead the development team Strong analytical & debugging skills Should have right temperament to work closely with junior colleagues (team player willing to collaborate) and willing to mentor and couch. Ability to work under pressure and stretch to deliver under tight project deadlines. Ability to perform in an international, multidiscipline and multi-site team. Should have Pro-active working attitude, self-driven attitude, identifying and solving gaps regarding specification, consistency and quality. Ability to stay focused on the target in an ambiguous situation.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top