Job TitleProduct Architect
- LED Engine System
- LED Engine requirement definition, selection and release for Home systems' applications
- Build up LED based system modeling to support lamps' system performance estimation and verification/measurement
- Home Systems' Products' System Architecture
- Define and validate the system architecture, esp. during the feasibility (pre-PS) stage
- Shall focus on the total system design and optimization (top performance, lowest cost price, and world class reliability). Core is LED Engine selection/ definition, key links of the systems are the light, electricity, and heat flows.
- Home Systems' Products' Technical Platform Roadmap
- Work together with System Architect, Technical Project Leader, Program Manager and Group Leader in defining the technical building block / platform roadmap for a product line.
- Home Systems' System Competence
- Scout, benchmark and bring new/emerging technology into our product design in order to improve the performance, lower the cost, and realize new features
- Being an active member in the LED system architect network within Philips to leverage knowledge (LED Lamp, research, Prof Lumi, Homes…), and actively contribute to these partners/customers.
- MSc degree in the area of Opto-Electronics, Applied Physics of Compound Semiconductors, Electrical Engineering or Application Mathematics will be preferred.
- Knowledge in LED Manufacturing and LED Lighting products is a plus.
- Has a broad technical background in the field of electronics, LED physics, material properties, and applied mathematics.
- Problem Identification & Solving skills and ability
- Team player
- Good command of English and Computer Skills
- Sense of urgency and high resilience level, ability to work under stress and ambiguity
- Strong execution and ability of driving for result
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top