Procurement Engineering Business Partner - Site
Job TitleProcurement Engineering Business Partner - Site
Site Procurement Engineering Manager, as business partner represent Procurement function, is member of Site Management Team, direct report to Business Procurement Engineering business partner of Business Professional Greater China, functional report to Site General Manager.
Site Procurement Engineering Manager will lead and manage all Procurement Engineering activities for assigned Business Scope. This business partner understands the product context End to End in the assigned business scope and delivers business strategies including the strategic cost management vision to the commodities. This business partner owns the DfX concept for the assigned business scope and ensures alignment with all other functional disciplines, market stakeholders and relevant other business entities to make this happen. The Procurement Engineering Business Partner will be accountable for the design and creation of the DfX competence within the assigned business scope including management of the related actions to make this happen. The Procurement Engineering Business Partner is member of the relevant MT and ensures that business leaders can access all Procurement activities, including Commodity Management teams and O2C. The Procurement Engineering Business Partner ensures the involvement of all relevant Commodity Management teams in I2M.
- Leads Procurement Engineering in the Site;
- Meet all Site related Procurement Objectives/KPI's (e.g. BoM Savings, GSRS, # suppliers);
- Achieves product cost reduction through value engineering/DfX and supply chain optimization in the Site;
- Acts as interface to the relevant Commodity Leaders;
- Ensures Site spend volume will be managed through the DfX concept;
- Responsible for talent management of the procurement Engineering function within the;
- Being a Category Site member, provide Leadership and vision to support the organizational objectives (short & long term)
- Ensures that the Site Procurement Engineering related risks are controlled and mitigated;
- Executes requirements for supply strategy for in/outsourcing and components;
- Executes Site requirements for procurement strategy;
- Aligns Product & Technology Roadmaps with suppliers (Aligned Supplier Product & Technology Roadmaps);
- Ensures early supplier involvement in the Product
- Design Process within the Site;
- Links the new product introduction process with the supplier selection (total cost of ownership, handshake with CT's);
- Secures S&OP linkage to component availability;
- Ensures development of cost roadmaps & linkage to margin management;
- Manages development of Target Cost model of products;
- Manages standardization & complexity reduction (concept improvement);
- Leads the Supplier Quality Managers who are related to single Site suppliers;
- Master degree in engineering is preferred, bachelor in electronics/mechanical engineering is a must if no master degree. MBA Is a plus.
- More than 5 yrs. procurement related experience including supply chain, supply quality, has manufacturing procurement experience including sourcing and buyer.
- Understanding of suppliers, business models, key drivers, measures and priorities
- Good at DfX convention approach, applying cost models and applying Value Engineering processes
- Good communication and good leadership skills.
- Good at listening, reading and written English.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top