Procurement Engineer Home Systems
Job TitleProcurement Engineer Home Systems
Within the Philips Lighting Procurement organization you will be working for the Business Unit Home System as a Procurement Engineer. In that role you will work for a product which can welcome you home, wake you up and get you energized. Meet HUE: http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/. Philips HUE has revolutionized the lighting industry by bringing lighting to our digital and connected world and enables consumers to experience lighting in a way they have never experienced before. Our recent success with partner integrations like voice platforms from Amazon, Google, Apple etc. has brought new use cases to consumers. This is a unique opportunity for you to become part of a team that will completely shape the future of lighting as we know of today by defining how intelligent lighting will take its place in the smart homes of tomorrow.
Each Hue product is in essence (part of) a complete system. Although a lamp and bridge may be the only physical products that will be acquired by a consumer, the meet hue portal and the various mobile Apps complete the system. The total system is therefore a combination of various HW and SW components that work seamlessly together.
You will act as the local procurement representative for all commodities and participate and execute cost down and new product introduction projects. These Projects will be executed in close collaboration with the supplier and the rest of the local multidisciplinary team and the – mostly china based – project teams.
You will drive savings in new product development in close cooperation with development, industrialisation and other procurement teams.
On behalf of the mexico based team you will participate in DfX/VE activities for the assigned product portfolio.
You will provide should-cost assessments for proposed transfer products. You will execute Requests for Quotations and drive the Supplier Selection Process together with the Commodity Teams.
You will support the Supplier Quality Manager in new supplier component release process as part of the Advanced Quality Plan (AQP), including compliance and sustainability aspects.
Furthermore, you will support the outsourcing process with e.g. knowledge transfer and supplier ramp-up. You will provide input to the Commodity Teams regarding the local supply base characteristics based on local component sourcing requirements. You will be involved with ordering tools and samples related to new product development.
You support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short and/or long term product cost reduction improvement.
You will be supporting the development of an effective set of cost models to track "target cost" status for assigned product and suppliers. You will analyse cost trends, develop and review cost forecasts, maintaining both an actual cost report and costroadmap.
You will maintain updates to the cost drivers for assigned product and ensure that information is available as required.
Further, you will participate in supplier selection processes, engage in supplier audits, assessments and supplier performance management and if needed manage issues and escalations.
Specific for BU Home Systems localization projects:
- Pioneer and put in place (new) relevant process, procedures and structure
- Working closely with the local outsourcing suppliers.
Next to that the Procurement Engineer will be assigned to:
- leading (local) cost down projects and participating in new product introduction projects
- Managing local reporting and price maintenance control and communicating these results within the project teams or towards analysts.
This job resides in the Home Systems Procurement Engineering team that is part of the Lighting Procurement organisation. The Home Systems team within the Philips Lighting Business Group Home is tasked with innovation and go to market of "internet of things" connected lighting systems – and as such an integral part of realizing the move towards systems and solutions. The first connected lighting system was launched on Oct 1st 2012. As a Procurement Engineer you will be located in Juarez, MX.
We are looking for
Candidates who share our passion to improve people's live. Our ideal candidate has on top:
- BS/MS or comparable diploma in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a high volume assembly-type industry in procurement or supply chain related functions or related financial controlling functions
- Understanding the principles of Executing Cost Down projects and new product introduction Projects
- Understanding the principles of Value Engineering/Cost engineering
- Understanding the principles of the materials / goods flow
- Is an expert user of the entire costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO etc) in large projects.
- Deep knowledge of the long term structural cost drivers for the assigned product.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary project teams and contributes to developing cost engineering processes.
- Able to read and understand blue prints and other engineering documentation.
- Deep knowledge of problem solving techniques (5xWhy, 8D, Fault tree etc).
- Influencing and (cross regional) communication skills
- Collaborative mindset with skills to challenge confidently.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and integrity
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting company in the world who leads through continuous and meaningful innovation. This fast-paced position will quickly give you the chance to push your career and aspirations forward within a top global company. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top