Job TitleProcurement Engineer
We challenge you to take an active role in our Procurement organization coordinating activities across E2E processes in our Emergency Ballast facility.
- Provide accurate cost estimates to development team, based on current assumptions of product architecture/design and supply chain.
- Provide input for supplier selection by providing key details and guidance to the Commodity teams, to enable best choice of supplier
- Drive value engineering, by challenging cost drivers and investigating more cost effective solutions, both in product architecture/design and the supply chain.
- Facilitate implementation of commodity strategies by aligning product and supply chain design upfront with agreed Procurement strategies, and by appropriately escalating in cases of persistent deviation.
- Assist preparation of Procurement performance/status reports, by providing relevant data for the Product or the BU to BG Heads of Procurement Engineering and/or commodity teams
- Lead DfX(Design for Excellence) conventions owning the DfX approach. Bring tool set and experience from previous conventions to the table, and as convener who involves various commodity managers and cross-functional stakeholders and takes care of the convention logistics.
- Lead cost re-designs: Frequently lead or contribute to projects tasked to come up with and/or implement specific cost reductions in an existing product or family of products.
- Assist business planning by providing plausible and realistic "should-cost" assessments for newly proposed products, to be considered in the go/no go decision, and by providing realistic cost roadmaps based on expected technological evolution for existing product categories
- Finding cost opportunities in changing components after the finished products have been released to the market
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/home
We are looking for:
- BS in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in a high volume assembly-type industry in supply chain related functions (production management, industrial engineering, purchasing, quality) or related financial functions (cost engineering, supplier auditing).
- Sound practical knowledge of how supply chains work and be able to assess the cost drivers of industrial processes.
- Familiarity with how cost calculations are built up and what direct costs and mark-ups are applicable throughout the entire supply chain.
- Change management experience gained e.g. in lean manufacturing or six sigma style programs is considered relevant.
- Familiarity with DFMA (Design for Assembly & Manufacturing), reverse engineering or other Value Engineering tools is desirable but not required.
- Strong networking, influencing and communication skills; as the ability to lead teams effectively.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top