Job TitleProcurement Engineer
As a Procurement Engineer within Professional Systems you drive cost down projects, represent Procurement in new product introduction projects and achieve product cost reduction through value engineering and supply chain optimization, whilst ensuring expected time to market and quality levels are met.
You to facilitate Early Supplier Involvement process with key stakeholders to support current and future system and product roadmaps. You will take part in cross functional development teams and support them with accurate cost estimates and quotes to a short list aligned with Commodity Teams.
As a Procurement Engineer you are a linking pin between the business, supply base (in close cooperation with the Commodity Teams). You will be active in a global, cross functional development environment where you'll be supporting the development and optimization of new and existing Systems.
We are looking for
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering or Electronics
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role. Experience in the electronics industry and/or wireless communication is beneficial
- Understanding of production methods & materials, supplier relationships, business systems & models
- Experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Experience and knowledge in Design for Excellence and/or Value Engineering and applying Cost Models
- A natural motivation to execute and manage cost-down projects and New Product Introduction projects as well as challenging the status quo.
- Knowledge of long term structural cost drivers of assigned products/portfolio
- Project Management Skills
- Fluent English (orally and written)
- Ability to learn fast, be self-propelling and adapt quickly to changes
As a Procurement Engineer for Professional Systems we welcome you to a challenging, cost oriented as well as innovation driven environment with many opportunities for you to explore.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives.
Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top