Job TitleProcurement Engineer
As a Procurement Engineer, you will be challenged with providing procurement expertise regarding value added labor and markups, new product cost estimations and yearly cost reduction negotiations. You will actively work with members of Design, New Product Introduction, Operations and Procurement teams that deal with leading edge Architectural Lighting Solutions to the global market. Your contributions will be products at competitive cost that will allow competing in the market.
The Procurement Engineer's responsibilities will cover products, sub-assemblies and components procured from strategic suppliers based primarily but not exclusively in the China, USA, Canada and Mexico. In addition, he/she will develop costing models to estimate and validate BOMs / quotations, plan and support cost negotiations and lead cost reduction programs involving design, materials, process and logistics.
Additional Responsibilities include;
- Leading role in Supplier RFQ (request for quotation) and Supplier Selection.
- Provide input to Program Managers for NPI cost estimates.
- Construct and maintain costing database to support cost evaluation during new product development and mass production costing programs.
- Validate and approve all the quotations from Contract Manufacturers and Strategic Suppliers.
- Review and approve cost related to Engineering changes or Process changes.
- Plan and execute periodic cost negotiations with Contract Manufacturers, Strategic suppliers and service providers.
- Take the lead in cost reduction programs involving design, materials, process and logistics emphasizing in implementations and reductions reflected into quotes and/or credit notes.
- Work in conjunction with Program Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Development groups in order to explore cost reductions, efficiency improvement opportunities and ensure cost competitiveness.
- Coordinate with Contract Manufacturer's and Strategic Suppliers on inventory, VMI and/or consignment programs.
- Ensure cost competiveness for purchases from distribution and freight expeditions.
At Philips Color Kinetics we are driving the LED Lighting revolution. From our origins over 15 years ago, we have led the market with systems level lighting solutions that seamlessly integrate LED hardware, embedded firmware, and user software to allow customers unprecedented control over their lighting environment. The Cost Engineering department works closely with the Philips Procurement community, Global Systems Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Color Kinetics R&D, Finance, Program Management and with external Strategic Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers (CM) in Mexico and China.
Philips offers unlimited possibilities with a challenging role in an expanding LED Lighting business, allowing the right candidate to continue developing his/her negotiation and project management skills in an exciting environment which encourages creativity and "outside the box" thinking. Additionally Philips offers the opportunity to join a global company that involves travel and networking with local, national and international coworkers, customers and suppliers.
We are looking for:
The ideal candidate for the Procurement Engineer role will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Global Suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify cost reduction opportunities, thinking outside the box and implementing cost reduction initiatives.
- Leading Bill of Material detail reviews, Process analysis and extrapolation into labor and Value added markups.
- Proven experience meeting aggressive cost reduction targets.
- The position requires approximately 20% travel abroad.
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, MBA / MSc desirable
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Manufacturing / Project Management /Cost Engineering / Sourcing / Purchasing on a technology product company
- Experience managing cost reduction projects within a multi-national organization
- Strong Negotiation and Analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in use MS Project and MS Office applications
- Highly Detail Oriented
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top