Procurement Analyst (Business Developer/Analyst)
Job TitleProcurement Analyst (Business Developer/Analyst)
Philips Lighting, a Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) company, is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. In 2015, we had sales of EUR 7.4 billion and employed 33,000 people worldwide.
Lighting Procurement organization, handling every step in the purchasing process – from demand analysis to final invoicing and payment. Position is located in the Procurement Services Center (PSC) is based in Lodz, Poland. The PSC delivers cost-effective people services by leveraging economies of scale, globalizing processes and simplifying the ways of working, while delivering superior purchasing experiences by listening and acting on our customers' feedback. This Procurement Analyst position incorporates business analysis and technical development responsibilities within Finance Procurement team.
You will apply analysis, design, project and implementation skills to improve, automate and maintain business processes/data management. The person is able to manage and influence stakeholders; becoming the reference for all the new developments in terms of automation processes and tools for reporting of business metrics. Is able to engage with other groups to find new trends and best practices and apply when applicable. Apply quality improvement tools continuously.
- Plans and leads the analysis of complex business problems to be solved via systems automation and process improvement
- Delivers new business functionality and tools for Finance Procurement, to support and improve business processes
- Develops, maintains and manages advanced reporting, dashboards and other solutions using tools available in the landscape including Business Intelligence applications, SQL, Excel, Access, SharePoint etc.
- Participates in process improvement, system integration and new functionality projects across the Procurement organization
- Manages and communicates status against plan on all issues and projects, effectively managing stakeholder expectations
- Creates Ad Hoc Reporting as needed per requester specifications and agreed upon priorities and milestones
- Partners with others within the team, the business/customers and facilitate the full life cycle of solution development. Provide technical assistance as necessary to end users as well as team
- Collaborates with procurement counterparts in reporting initiatives and get insight into global reporting initiatives to drive combined efforts and definitions. Share best practices and make recommendations to business
- Ensures all dashboards that are built include complete documentation and a robust plan to sustain; manage ongoing requests and feedbacks with quick response/turn around quickly and proactively look at improvement opportunities to make dashboards more effective and relative for business decisions
- Promotes knowledge, competencies and usage of analytical tools
- Promotes Philips Lighting values and leadership goals, leads by example
We are looking for people with:
- Graduate with Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in a technical Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering discipline, IT & Econometrics, Economics)
- Fluent English and Polish (both orally and in writing) is a must
- Proven track records in data analysis and reporting is required
- Advanced database skills with SQL server (both developer and admin skills)
- Expertise with SharePoint development and administration
- Experience with extracting large data sets from enterprise data warehouses and performing complex data analyses
- Experience with Business Objects, SAP Business Warehouse, BeX, and/or other reporting and data warehousing tools
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visual Basic for Applications
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in international environment
- Strong business partnering, collaboration and project management skills
- Results and action-oriented individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as leadership capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and internal customer expectations effectively, and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive, improve and develop processes and systems.
We kindly inform that we contact only with chosen candidates.
Please provide a clause: "Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal Data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883).
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top