Process Engineer - PLC Expert
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Industrial Operations for engineering. Its responsibilities are at the heart of ensuring stable production, so aspiring for excellence must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
You are responsible for improving products, processes and machinery of the Production Unit (PU) in yields, efficiency, quality and logistics performance, ensuring stable production. • You perform necessary troubleshooting activities in the PU .
- Creates required conditions to win in the marketplace through fast and efficient NPIs (time to market), and highly efficient production (zero defect, target output).
- Develops standards supporting production system.
- Acts as project leader for improvement (production, documentation).
- Creates technical conditions such that the production process does not get disrupted
- Implements of new products and processes including through transfer of technical aspects in the PU.
- Contributes to team at startup in production through.
- technical support and guidance.
- Takes improvement actions to reach target quality.
- Manages and Trains Project staff.
- Carrying out, on the basis of technical knowledge and practical insights, structural improvements and remedying the most complex failures.
- Performs, as a specialized worker, assignments that require consultation of specialists to get a clear view on WHAT has to be delivered and that require analysis of the available data in order to decide HOW to best carry out the assignment.
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial conflicting data.
- Finds solutions on the basis of theoretical insights and experience for deviating situations.
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices.
- Initiates and leads limited continuous improvement projects involving more than one unit.
- Introduces new products (subassemblies).
- Performs, as an experienced specialized worker, assignments that require broad consultation of specialists to get a clear view on WHAT has to be delivered and complex analysis of the available data in order to decide HOW to best carry out the assignment.
- Finds solutions by involving data from multiple resources using Root Cause Analysis.
- Takes initiative and identifies problems in actual way of working, formulates alternatives and recommendations.
- Develops and introduces new supporting subprocesses and improves existing processes.
- Initiates & runs small improvement projects.
- Acts as an informal resource or (functional) supervisor for less experienced colleagues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where the analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors using Root Cause Analysis.
- The development of the solution requires a multidisciplinary approach and knowledge of basic principles, theories and concepts.
- Formulates the solution for (technical) partial problems by combining previous experiences based upon technical analysis and (feasibility) studies. May lead small projects.
- PLC Expert programing
- CNC Expert programing
- More than 7 year of experience on manufacture
- Lean methods and tools
- Core Tools
- Project Management Techniques
- English advance
- Bachelor degree on engineering
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top