Job Titleprivacy officer
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. When joining Philips Lighting you will make an impact on people's lives with light. Read more!
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk.
The Privacy Officer is the lead person responsible for creating and supporting all privacy-related activities, providing input for corporate policies, procedures and practices, interpreting and applying the Binding Corporate Rules compliance framework to Lighting and providing general privacy-related support to the Philips Lighting sector. The Binding Corporate Rules, established by the Privacy Compliance Office, will be used by the Privacy Officer to define and guide applicable Philips Lighting Responsible Executives in the execution of their compliance duties.
- Being part of the Philips Lighting Global Privacy Team and represent the Philips Lighting Central Privacy Office with regards to Employees and Third Parties personal data matters;
- Manage relations with Procurement for 3° parties' personal data management;
- Manage relations with HR for Employees' personal data management;
- Manage relations with the Philips Lighting Business Groups;
- Manage Privacy impacts of personal data processed by 3rd parties on behalf of Philips Lighting or vice versa;
- Support Philips Lighting in performing Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Support Philips Lighting Group Privacy Lawyer in performing Privacy Legal Assessments with regard to the abovementioned domains;
- Implement privacy framework (develop guidelines, procedures, toolkit);
- Manage special projects, when mainly focused on Employees personal data and 3rd Parties (Vendors / Partners) personal data;
- Monitor the application of the Philips Lighting Binding Corporate Rules;
The Group Legal Privacy Team is responsible for supervising the compliance with Privacy regulations within the Philips Lighting Organization. You will report to the Philips Lighting Chief Privacy Officer. The location of the position is Amsterdam.
We are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Law and a Post-Bachelors education and/or certification(s) involving Privacy or other applicable credentials;
- 5+ years' experience effectively creating and deploying privacy or similar compliance initiatives in the field of Privacy Law in multinational environments;
- Ability to define, implement, and maintain new policies, templates and processes in a global, highly matrixed organization;
- Ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment;
- Ability to understand, simplify and teach others privacy-related concepts reflecting applicable laws, ethical standards of practice, and policy in close consultation with the Philips Lighting legal department;
- Demonstrated ability to translate general managerial direction into solid results with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to build and implement strategy that aligns with short and long-term business objectives;
- Ability to productively interact with business leaders, senior executives, Data managers, IT staff, information security officers, project leaders and legal staff around the world;
- Demonstrated ability to translate privacy and security regulations and/or practice standards into workable and implementable solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to organize large-scale educational/academic events and workshops bringing together key stakeholders to advance complex projects;
- Demonstrated ability to write, publish and disseminate critical information and relevant findings inside and outside of the organization;
- Strong communication and influencing abilities;
- Fluent in English and knowledge of Dutch preferred;
- Experience with large-scale compliance (or similar) program initiation and sustainable management;
- Knowledge or expertise in Labour Law preferred;
- The start date for this role will be the 1ste of December.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We will reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we will match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site.
After a pre-selection process, you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top