Principal Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Scientist (director level PhD REQUIRED )
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Research Americas. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving lighting research, so aspiring for innovation must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
lead a highly innovative and vibrant team of Data Scientists in developing the next generation AI/ML enabled IoT solutions for Philips Lighting Businesses . You will apply your analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, IoT, and cloud technologies knowledge in creating the foundations for the next generation smart and cloud connected systems and services that will transform homes, buildings, and cities toward a more sustainable, safer, and comfortable environment. With a great freedom to innovate, you will play a leading role in a world-class research that is at the heart of the future of the company on artificial intelligence and machine learning. You will have a unique opportunity to make a difference by leading and innovating new IoT applications, data and analytics enabled systems and services for the Philips Lighting businesses. You will team up with business stakeholders to prioritize innovation topics and work across global research to develop and deliver breakthrough solutions. In addition, you will coach, mentor, and guide the researchers to help them shine and advance their career development. You will have ample opportunities to lead on partnerships with world class universities.
You will lead a team to conduct end-to-end innovation with the businesses, markets, and end-customers by leveraging global teams and the US entrepreneurial and innovative ecosystem. You will apply your advanced data analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning knowledge and experience in combination with your business development skills to interact with stakeholders and identify new problems and opportunities, develop innovative propositions, contribute to intellectual property, and build and pilot first-of-a-kind demonstrators. You will play a strong role in shaping the innovation agenda, and be a thought leader on AI/ML across the company. This role requires an individual with outstanding team leadership skills combined with innovation and business skills, and the ability to work across various function in the company, including with R&D, product, management, and other innovation labs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Translate strategic innovations into compelling business propositions taking into account e.g., technology readiness levels, consumer insights, and market acceptance.
- Play a strong global role providing strategic and technical leadership for your innovation team developing new concepts, business propositions, applications, and services based on data.
- Apply project management skills in communication with internal and external stakeholders, cost benefit analysis, feature roadmap prioritization, and execution of software development projects.
- Lead a team of scientists to create compelling IoT use cases, service models, and technologies on connected lighting systems, beyond illumination, and IoT.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, with 10+ years of experience in developing, implementing and managing AI/ML related projects
- Strong technical skills on machine learning/AI with proven track record. These technical skills include, but not limited to, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, statistical techniques, deep learning, supervised learning, unsupervised learning
- Experience on developing a long-term analytics innovation strategy and driving those across various levels in the organization
- Strong technical knowledge on big data technologies, cloud, and opensource software tools
- Outstanding track record of successful solutions design in the digital space
- Demonstrated strong project leadership skills and relevant experience on IoT, connected systems, and applications
- Prior experience in leading innovation teams
- A strong track record of starting new activity areas and E2E management of projects related analytics enabled solutions and transferring to production as appropriate
- Development of R&D strategies for new business offerings including market assessment and business case formulation
- Working with industrial partners and /or affiliations, track record in establishing partnerships
- Desirable experience in multicultural/global team and influencing decisions at the highest management levels.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Policy: Signify North America Corporation ("Signify") will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Signify, or (c) consistent with Signify's legal duty to furnish information. #LI-FM1
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top