Power Electronics Development Engineer (Home Luminaires HUE)
Job TitlePower Electronics Development Engineer (Home Luminaires HUE)
Philips is taking Lighting beyond illumination, in beautifully illuminated indoor and outdoor spaces, with LED-lighting points connected to intelligent systems that are a pathway for information and new services. In this way, we do meaningful work, while the whole world is lighting up and we are linking this to the internet of things. We invite you to experience what it means to be part of our innovative workforce and to contribute yourself to the diversity of ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through a brighter world. How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk.
As a Development Engineer, you will be challenged to be a specialist in one or more technical competences needed to develop our offerings till release for the market. You are responsible for the design, development, testing and documenting of an electronic led system or modules as part of an overall architecture. You work with an outside-in view in order to understand and fulfil customer and market requirements as well as competitive alternatives.
- Realizes, tests and industrialize a (sub-) electronic led system or modules fitting an overall architecture
- To establish cost effective led luminaires, use value engineering tools and optimization for manufacturing.
- Contributes to optimize the total system, fulfilling spec, cost and timing targets
- Verifies performance according to specification
- Ensures proper documentation of final design spec, schematics, drawings, codes, and learnings
- Delivers necessary input to project leader on progress, timing, cost
- Manages own efficiency executing the work within the foreseen time and budget
- Develops according to cost targets
- Translates the realistic application and value chain conditions into (sub-) system and component specs and verification plans
- Pro-actively reaches out to project colleagues in order to optimize the total offering
You will be part of the Business Group Home within Philips Lighting where you will work within a highly professional and ambitious team of R&D specialists. Your role is based in Eindhoven (High Tech Campus).
A dynamic work environment with room for own initiatives and innovative ideas. You are part of a professional, international oriented sales organization, and you have multiple opportunities to develop yourself. This position is grade 60.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, a challenging year salary (fulltime) including a personal benefits package
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- PhD, Masters & or Bachelors degree in electronics.
- Minimum 5 years experience in testing, verification, industrialization and release of electronic systems.
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) and connected systems are a big advantage
- Experience in development and release of electronics in an international context with evidence of contributions which led to proven business success
- Plays active role to bring the "Test and verification"- community to a higher level through networking, facilitating discussions and problem solving sessions
- Experience cooperating in multi-disciplinary teams to develop integral I2M offers
- You have a high level knowledge of technology and application trends in the domain and industry . You show structural training or proven self-study in domain and related areas and share this knowhow to the rest of the organization.
- Furthermore you generate initiatives leading to new/improved propositions, possess strong business impact, you are result driven, analytical, inspiring and able to coach others
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and talent card through Workday ([email protected]) or the Philips career site (http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/lighting.html) - vacancy number 259965.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a face-to-face recruitment- and Business interviews.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top