Outsourcing Operations Engineer
Job TitleOutsourcing Operations Engineer
This position is responsible for providing design and general engineering support for new product introduction on Lighting Finished products Produced with Asia outsourcing supplier's as well customer-requested simple & complex modifications of current product.
- BOM creation and maintenance of all current products produced in the Outsourcing suppliers in Asia (NPI & Variants)
- Solve BOM issues
- Technical link to R&D teams for existing products
- Manage mechanical / electrical component substitution. ECN. Temporary change request
- Tech help on quality problems related to manufacturing and suppliers
- Variant – customer-requested simple & complex modifications (derived from exiting products / components)
- Create basic submittal drawing and documentation for quoting purposes
- UL submittals as Energy Star requirements when required
- Communicate major changes to R&D prior to change
- SAP 12NC gatekeeper
- ECO process owner
- DFX & VE projects owners or participation
- Bachelor's degree (Design/Mechanical Engineering or electromechanical, electric or related) with at least 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional experience within a cross-functional team and working knowledge of materials, interest for industrialization, manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Meticulous and quality control of his work
- Strong computer (cad) skills (solid work & Autodesk Inventor) interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Communication skills, ability to multi-task, while maintaining commitments in a results orientated environment
- Independent and resourceful in decision making and delegating to accomplish defined goals
- Outlook 2013, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft project
- Functional knowledge of English
- Able to work from distance with minimum supervision.
- Experience in basic electrical concepts
- Experience with die casting injection molding, sheet metal stamping, and forming processes for a variety of materials (e.g. aluminum, plastics, glass, etc.)
- Knowledge of technical and electrical codes and standards
- Lighting/electrical industry experience
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top