NPI Procurement Engineering Manager
Job TitleNPI Procurement Engineering Manager
This position is a key for
1) internal ODM/BfR process optimization; 2) supply base readiness; 3) supplier product roadmap alignment; 4) product on time release. 5) contracting
The jobholder is responsible for NPI project Procurement Engineering (PE) activities to support both Shanghai and Chengdu Site.
He/She has a particular understanding of the product context 'End to End' in a BG/Cat and implement the Category strategy through new product development including on time, on cost and on quality new product release & delivery. He/She should own the DfX concept for the Category and ensures alignment with all other functional disciplines within the Category to make this happen.
He/she should ensure the engagement and early involvement of suppliers to achieve NPI products quality release. Further PE must have a proper hand-shaking with commodity team to ensure correct supplier selection and supply base strategy implementation.
- New project development procurement activities to ensure product on time, on cost & on quality release and delivery;
- Product BoM owner;
- Procurement link with Commodity Team Buyers for procurement strategy implementation in PCP process;
- Early supplier involvement and proper supplier selection;
- Supplier management and development from project level and mitigate supply risk via risk assessment and mitigation plan;
- Implementing actions from VE & DfX concepts;
- IIntegrate procurement contractual data in MRP (lead-time, price, MOQ etc.)
- Represent procurement in S&OP
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top