Mobile Application Tester
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the undisputed leader in the lighting industry. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
You will join the leader in the lighting industry and learn through disruptive challenges. You will be part of a global team, where performance is powered through diversity. Help us shape the future of light in the Internet of Things and work with us on our commitment to achieve a more sustainable future.
Join us and #findyourmeaning at Signify.
Since its launch in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
We have become the world's leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smarthome platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smartthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that inter-operate with our system.
Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue. The Hue ecosystem is growing rapidly through both new lights, luminaires, sensors, and switches as well as exciting partnerships like Google and Apple. New features are added through agile development processes.
As a Mobile App tester in the Hue mobile Application Team, you will be challenged to release the Hue Mobile Apps on time with highest quality, further contributing to the success of one of the most successful internet connected propositions in the market. Being member of an agile team, you will seek for continuous improvement and accelerate the development of the product whilst focusing on operational excellence by using or implementing new tools and processes.
You will be based at the High-Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate software craftsmen working on the world's leading connected lighting system. Surrounded by usability experts, product owners, software architects and test engineers, you'll take up the challenge to build high quality and exciting innovations providing the best lighting experience for our customers.
Together we can...
- Develop test scenarios for new features based on user story requirements
- Support developers with implementation of test scenarios into the test automation framework
- Support test architect with introduction of test strategies for new features
- Maintain and improve test scenarios for existing features
- Support the development of new features by verifying the user stories in an exploratory way
- Execute manually test scenarios
- Create problem reports and change requests
- Support developers with root cause analyses of bugs
- Verify and validate problem reports, team up with developers
- Validate and release sprint deliverables towards system test group and beta testing
- Report status to product owner and test architect
- Review deliverables of requirements and test cases of peers
- Adhere with processes (including tools, build process) and contribution in process improvements in both own and related project teams
- collaborate with all roles in the development team
- Follow up technical developments in own field and share proactively with others in the team
A software test engineer developer with good communication skills and quality mindset that is continuously seeking to improve together with the team, the product and daily processes and has passion for Mobile Application Development engineering and innovations in that area. Next to that, you have:
- At least three years' experience in testing mobile apps
- Good analytical skills with attention for detail
- Able to understand complex technical systems
- Familiar with testing methodologies in agile environment including exploratory testing.
- Experience with writing detailed test scenarios based on available specifications
- Owner of an ISTQB or TMAP certificate or having similar level of test knowledge by experience
- Knowledge of platform specific IDE's (Apple Xcode, Android Studio) is a plus
- Knowledge of platform specific UI test automation frameworks (Espresso, EarlGrey) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of platform specific languages (Swift, Kotlin) is a plus
- Knowledge of behavior driven testing based on Gherkin terminology is a plus
- Experience in an IoT or systems environment is a plus
When joining Signify, you will be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career including personal development budget and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A bonus based on both Signify results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Signify shares and products with discount
Back to top