Mobile Application Developer - iOS
Job TitleMobile Application Developer – iOS
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people’s lives with light.
Since the launch of in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
We have become the world’s leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smarthome platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smarthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that inter-operate with our system.
Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue.
As a mobile app developer in the Philips Hue mobile app development team, you will work on world-class mobile app technology and push the boundaries of what’s possible with connected lighting products.
- Develop new features for Hue from end to end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iteration in an agile environment
- Develop and implement key parts of the Hue IOS application
- Work alongside an excellent, cross-functional team, you will build technical solutions that enables continuous delivery and provides exciting new functionality with the highest quality
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field and proactive knowledge sharing with others
You will be based at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate software craftsmen working on the world’s leading connected lighting system. Surrounded by usability experts, product owners, software architects and test engineers, you’ll take up the challenge to build high quality and exciting innovations providing the best lighting experience for our customers.
When joining Philips Hue, you will be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips Lighting shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
A highly driven developer with a passion for mobile apps, who:
- Has at least three years of experience and excellent coding skills in Cocoa & Objective-C.; Swift is a plus
- Has a deep knowledge of the iOS SDK and IDE development tools
- Can show off published apps in the Apple AppStore
- Has solid understanding of the agile development process and experience with TDD is a plus
- Test automation experience is a plus
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment – and business interviews. An online assessment may be part of our recruitment process.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top