Master Data Specialist
Job TitleMaster Data Specialist
Philips Lighting, a Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) company, is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. In 2015, we had sales of EUR 7.4 billion and employed 33,000 people worldwide.
As a Master Data Specialist you will support the master Data Team for Poland, Central South Europe (CSE) and Baltics in SAP. This position is covering all customer creation, maintenance and master data quality check for all the countries in CEE.
Works on problems of moderate scope where the analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors using Root Cause Analysis. The development of the solution requires a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge of basic principles, theories and concepts. Formulates the solution for (technical) partial problems by combining previous experiences based upon technical analysis and (feasibility) studies. May lead small projects, managing a small number of people.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Product data: open product in sales area level, block or unblock codes, changes in any area (finished product, services, Local for Local)
- Business partner data: support processes for maintenance of customer data, prospects and contacts, customer hierarchy, and vendor data in MDM, SAP, Vendor request tool
- Monitoring and issue solving in the Product Request tool (automated code opening tool)
- Training for users, maintaining rules and working instructions for the PRT
- Product KPI (Key Performance indicator) monitoring and solving
- Lead the MIP (Market Introduction Process) with all relevant stakeholders, mainly marketing.
- Pricing data: support pricing officers with gross prices, special prices
- Master data for Order to Delivery: preceding supplier, lead-times, MOQ, HS code, Country of Origin, Product Life cycle status, procurement / planning data, Forecast, APO, geozone, routes, and Customer Distribution requirements
- Backup for other team members as defined in Matrix (customer master Data, price upload)
- Participation or lead improvement projects (LEAN, EMEA Data project)
- Advisor and trainer for the local organizations for master data management and processes. Improve data management knowledge and competences in the market cluster (Order Desk, product marketing, marcom, pricing officers, sales team)
- Gather Market feedback, propose corrections and improvement
- First contact for local Data Management communication in Warsaw
- Graduate with Bachelor or Master degree, with the preference in IT field, in a technical Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering discipline, IT & Econometrics
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) as a must
- 5 years of proven experience in a "Data Related" environment (ERP, Business Analyst, Databases, etc.)
- 5 years of work experience in international environment
- Proven track records in data analysis and reporting is required
- Affinity with IT and business applications in complex environment: Experience with SAP R/3 master data management
- Familiar with business models, market introduction and phase out process and distribution network
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft tools to manage and analyze large amounts of data
- Practical knowledge of SAP (ERP module) is a must
- Team player, a pragmatic, dynamic personality
- Good interpersonal skills
- Active, open, motivational style.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.
Please provide a clause: "Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883)".
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top