Marketing Manager Hue Operations – Operational Excellence
Job TitleMarketing Manager Hue Operations – Operational Excellence
Be part of the IoT lighting revolution Philips Hue is looking for highly ambitious people to fill a wide range of jobs. Having transformed the lighting market, we've become the global leader in connected consumer lighting. As a result, we're undergoing rapid growth, so we need talented professionals to help build on our success. This is your chance to make a great internal career move. You'll be part of an award -winning team that's driving the development of the fastest growing Internet of Things (IoT) platform.
Working with the world's leading technology companies, you can broaden your experience and grow your career at the cutting edge of the IoT revolution.
The Marketing Manager Hue Operations will be responsible for implementing and assuring operational excellence in NAM BG Home's rapidly growing business, by directing the internal support functions to the successful execution of the business' most critical KPI's such as sales revenue plan, profitability, & inventory. This role will also assure proper behavior and high performance of our external commercial channel partners, including retailers, showrooms, reps/dealers, VARs/distributors and emerging partnership models. These interfaces include assuring the quality of near-term, mid-range & ambition QxP/ROFO planning, replenishment, upside/allocation management, assisting/improving co-working with supply chain efficiency/agility, implementation of operational best practices, ongoing data analysis, reporting, sales quota/ business KPI setting and tracking, and sales process optimization.
Reporting to the Head of Home, NAM (North America), the ideal candidate will play a key leadership role in tactically driving internal stakeholder performance (demand planning, supply chain, account managers, product marketing, and BG supply) and external stakeholders (retailers) to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are monitored and met.
As NAM BG (Business Group) Home is a fast, dynamically growing business and the consumer channel has pre-existing processes in place, the initial focus of this manager is to build (or tailor) complementary infrastructure / processes / systems / and reporting to ensure operational excellence as we continue to drive BG Home NAM at an ambition of >2-3x growth per year.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive and monitor sales forecasting and planning processes both internally assisting demand planning / marketing / sales as well as externally ensure proper channel partner near-term and longer term alignment.
- Create and ensure the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales/IGM reports/dashboards and other intelligence essential to the sales/marketing organization. Enhance existing reports, or develop new reporting tools as needed.
- Monitor/ensure a healthy level of inventory and work closely with sales organization to plan for new product PIPO.
- Monitor order management performance (fill-rate, PO, supply, demand planning) and manage escalations / allocations.
- Work closely with product marketing to ensure advance PIPO plan and execute NPI launch and/or promotion with retailers.
- Administer/monitor MAP and Channel Commercial policies.
- Maintain promotional/new opportunity planning file to assist in underpinning mid-range supply plan and internal action closure.
- Drive overall QBRs at channel partners.
- Work with extended NAM team to implement enabling technologies to the sales/marketing organization as necessary to scale
- Co-work with BMC management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Proactively identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Ensure proper execution of commercial contracts with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate efficiently with internal teams to achieve initiatives and goals.
Philips Lighting is the global market leader in the lighting industry, with recognized expertise in the development, manufacturing and application of innovative lighting solutions. We offer our expertise, depth and reach across the entire lighting value chain to improve and simplify the work of our professional partners wherever our knowledge and reach can create value for them. From LED light sources to the increased role of controls to all-inclusive tailor-made solutions our approach is to observe and listen to people—our customers, consumers and stakeholders- to ensure that what we do every day addresses their real needs and aspirations in life. Together with architects, lighting designers, city planners, public authorities, and even with consumers in their homes, Philips Lighting seeks to simply enhance people's lives with light.
- Demonstrated skills in data management, data analysis, analytics software, and reporting metrics
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with ability to create and deliver presentations to executives both internal & to Philip's channel and solution partners
- Meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to audit discrepancies at a highly granular level
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Advanced MS Office Suite; Excel (Pivot Tables, PowerPivot, and PowerView) and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated flexibility as new areas of responsibility are defined
- Operational agility and nimbleness to adapt to changing retail/ smart home environment
- Bachelor's degree and 8-10 years of sales & marketing operations, finance and/or advanced analytics experience, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of related work experience in the high-tech consumer products (e.g. electronics) industry with major U.S. retailers experience, both off-line and e-tailers.
- 5+ years of experience in managing or leading an operations team in the area/function of budgeting/planning, sales forecasting, sales operations, e-commerce, and supply chain management.
- Experience designing, implementing, & monitoring processes and/or policies. Lean Certified / Green Belt plus preferred.
- Works effectively in highly matrixed organization and multi-location management.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top