Marketing Director Consumer Lighting Benelux
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Market Group Benelux, leading a team of 7 Marketing professionals located in Eindhoven and Mortsel. You'll report directly into the Marketing Director for the Benelux, in a role of which the responsibilities are at the heart of driving sales.
You are going to work in a team with the best and brightest in your area, providing an opportunity for each person to maximize their potential, directly contribute to our organization's success and be appreciated for their differences. In fact, our culture is built on a foundation for valuing our employees as the key asset.
Together we can...
Are you an experienced Marketing Leader with a passion for consumers? Are you as excited as we are about changing business models, especially when thinking about the Internet-of-things and Smart Home applications? Are you able to manage high growth innovations from a marketing perspective, both from a strategic as well as a tactical perspective? Then you are the person we look for!
As the Marketing Director Consumer for the Benelux, you represent and lead the Consumer Marketing team to maximize market share, sales, IM, volumes and to ensure the right organization and structure is in place to meet our marketing objectives. You will own the business planning process in the market. Additionally, you'll steer the process of One Lighting segment and channel plans including priority setting in cooperation with the local Management Team. Key elements of this role are working on Strategy & Growth plans, Market Insights, Portfolio & Channel Management, Marketing Communications and Team Management. This all in 3 different consumer lighting segments: LED, Luminaires and Connected Lighting (Philips Hue).
Your main responsibilities in this role will be:
- You lead and implement the consumer lighting strategy in the context of local market trends and opportunities.
- You lead the Category, Product and Channel marketeers in the Consumer team of the Market/Sales organization.
- You are also responsible for the integral business plans and life-cycle business of the existing products (updates. pricing) within the Consumer Portfolio.
- You cooperate with the Businesses to realize the targets, as set in the business plan of the products and to cooperate with R&D to get the right products at the right time for the right price.
- You are responsible for the sales forecast to Operations, such that delivery will be on time with a minimum of stock.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Considerable success and demonstrated experience in an end-responsibility Marketing Manager role in a large and complex international organization; preferably in a high-tech environment, understanding of consumer electronics and the retail industry.
- Minimum a Bachelor degree in Tech Science, Business Administration in Marketing/Sales or a related discipline
- 5+ years of proven track record in using appropriate product positioning, pricing, distribution, service and promotion plan techniques to positively impact market share, sales target, margin, business penetration beyond the technical characteristics of the product
- 5+ years of experience working in a global set-up connecting the marketing & sales with product management functions
- 3+ years in market/customer facing operations: B2C - different go-to-market models
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Strong understanding of consumer marketing (product and channel), incl. campaigns
- Strong project management skills
- Good communication skills (oral and written) both in Dutch and English
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong People Management Skills and proven leadership skills
- Competitor orientation
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top