Market Lead for Accounting Operations in CEE / Statutory& Tax Accountant
Philips Lighting (Euronext Amsterdam ticker: LIGHT) is a global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. In 2015, we had sales of EUR 7.4 billion and currently we have approximately 36,000 employees in over 70 countries.
- This position concerns leading and supporting the team with the compliance and quality of statutory accounts and local taxes aspects per local regulations
- Manage the network of Accounting Operational Employees Reports to the Process Lead
- Coordination of cross domain initiative/projects within Accounting Operation
- Coordinator for market improvement initiatives which touch multiple domains
- Work cross functionally to support the business and ensure accounting and tax implications are fully considered for ad-hoc project. Stay updated with changes on local GAAP /IFRS & tax rules and regulations. Assesses business Impact
- Drive statutory and group external audit and coordinating timetable with auditors, specialist providers and key business stakeholders to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Coordinate delivery of all statutory accounts and tax submissions working closely with external auditors and managing outsourced accounting services provider
- Drive standardization /harmonization of Statutory Accounting within the CEE region
- Represents company towards local authority
- Prepares and support knowledge sharing for improved processes and competencies
- Secures engagement of the full Accounting Operations team
- Coordinates HR matters within Accounting Operations team
- Monitor and approve local costs for Accounting operation and financial services provider
We are looking for:
- A Master's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related area
- Fluent Polish and English (both oral and writing) are required
- Strong local GAAP and IFRS knowledge
- Minimum 10 years of experience of accounting areas
- Minimum of 10 years leadership experience in financial management, driving operational excellence and high-performance international culture
- Mobility – willingness to travel
- Requiring collaboration, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong management skills
- High energy, strong sense of urgency, self-motivated and results-oriented.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.
Please provide a clause: "Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883).
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top