Job TitleMarcom Specialist
Philips is the leading provider of lighting solutions and applications both for professional and consumer markets, transforming how lighting is used to enhance the human experience in the places where people live and work. Our ambition is to enhance life with light and thereby improve the quality of people’s lives.
For our growing Professional Lighting Sector business, we are currently looking for an outstanding MarCom Manager. As a MarCom Manager you will be working on the planning, implementation and development of new marketing ideas for assigned business. As well as supporting communications projects in the areas of advertising and promotional programs, public relations and trade shows, including Internet-based communications. You will have an opportunity to participate in the development of plans for product promotion in support of marketing objectives. Some of your challenges may be to provide work direction to others, leading communication projects and managing the work of multiple agencies and contractors, as well as preparing high level internal and external presentations on products and business, in addition to routinely executing/providing direction to: MarCom briefs – creative and media; POS and events briefs.
Your responsibilities within Central District (CZ, SK, HU)
- You will be translating the marketing objectives into a yearly marcom plan, specifying required deliverables and projects, according to the guidelines.
- You will be contributing to lead generation process, searching for the touch points on the market and come up with an approach and content.
- You will adapt global content into local customer´s need.
- You will be responsible for the realization of MIP activities for all new products as part of the launch plan and takes care of timely availability for optimal market introduction.
- You will be responsible for the content and presentation on intranet/internet, within the guidelines of Philips, to maximize the contribution of this sales tool.
- You will be maintaining and using the network of public relations (professional press, sponsoring) to create extra possibilities to communicate with the customers.
- You will be coordinating, realizing and/or supporting the presentation of the products on exhibitions, organizing events and press conferences and controlling the hired stand builders.
- You will be supporting selection of the required agents and suppliers, negotiating prices and being responsible for an optimal briefing and instruction.
- You will be formulating and guarding the brand image, in close corporation with product management
- You will be making recommendations on marketing communications processes and choices.
We are looking for an individual who is…:
- Open and proactive
- Easy to approach
- Excellent team player
- Willing to take ownership
… and who:
- Applies marketing and graphic design concepts in creative ways.
- Serves as a technical resource to other marketing communications professionals in the field.
- Had an extensive exposure to managing the creative process at a manufacturer or Creative agency and has a solid understanding of sales and business processes.
- Has the ability to interact with market segment team and/or business line leaders to interpret and reframe business needs into communications strategies.
- Has capabilities to interact regularly with other people within and outside the organization in planning, coordinating and executing events and marketing communications.
- Has capabilities in gaining cooperation for team members without direct line authority process, while staying on-time and on budget.
- Will be able to develop MarCom concepts with the BU.
- Min. Bachelor degree
- Min. 5 years of experience
- Fluent Czech and English
- B2B and B2C experience
- Preferably with IT or background
Excellent career development opportunities can be expected in the near future.
You will be part of a company that is committed to improving the lives of 3 billion people a year by the year 2025 through market-driven innovations in healthcare, lighting and lifestyle. We are passionate about offering our employees the challenges, responsibilities, coaching and learning opportunities needed for their personal and professional development. We believe in ample reward and special recognition for a job well done, and we welcome the cultural awareness, mutual understanding, open minds and out-of-the-box thinking that come from international multidisciplinary team working.
At Philips, you can accelerate your personal growth by being part of entrepreneurial teams, building a career designed for you and integrating work-life balance throughout your career with us.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top