Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Manufacturing responsible for production. Its responsibilities are at the heart of managing a production unit, so aspiring for excellence must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
A Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing a production unit to deliver products against lowest cost, as per planning and quality requirements.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPI) and achieve operational goals through proper planning, execution and utilization of appropriate resources
- Must have an understanding of the Company vision and associated role in driving it
- Understand Customer's needs: (Internal and external), shareholders & employees
- Participate in the Company's Strategic Deployment process for establishing and achieving goals
- Lead by setting an example and provide staff with the appropriate tools to be productive
- Ability to motivate, articulate operational plans and develop direct reports through a team-based structure
- Must understand strengths and weaknesses of team and identify training needs for development
- Must be comfortable giving periodic presentations to employees, customers, and suppliers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical competency in one or more areas of the business (lean manufacturing)
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Problem solving skills
- Must be Bilingual
- Knowledge of LEAN
- Experience with Wave Soldier
- Knowledge of Six Sigma (Green Belt, Black Belt)
Back to top