Manufacturing Engineer, Product Engineer
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
Together we can...
- Responsibility and organization of supervised production process
- Define machine controls according to product specifications, utilizing knowledge of machine operation.
- Trouble shooting to maintain machine in operational condition
- Define process to examines finish or luster to ensure surface meets specifications.
- Define buffing or polishing tools and positions and mounts tools to machine tool, chuck, or jig.
- Enable and support the constant growth of the site
- Monitoring and reporting leading performance indicator
- Optimization and continuous improvement of the processes also focusing on cost optimization
- Process reviews and internal audits Implementation of new machine and equipment, assessment of maturity of processes and organizational solutions
- Participation in the implementation of new products
- Testing and releasing of new process materials and components for production
- Acquisition of knowledge, provision of training and verification of the skills of production operators FMEA analysis and monitoring and updating of Control Plan
- Cooperation in building a culture of a safe working environment
- Work with IPL & business team to gather requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Work with design engineers assuring optimum manufacturability, cost and compliance to manufacturing design rules for all products
- Create technical solution and organizational conditions to implement new products into production environment without significant disturbances
- Develop new solutions and/or enhances existing products: use analytical and systematic approach for optimal solution
- Ensure standardization within product platform and compliances to standards.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, Buffing or Metal Finishing
- University (or college) degree, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Independent working, taking ownership and being able to make own decisions
- Identifying problems and proposing solutions
- Good communication and ability to build partnership with different layers of the organization
- Analytical skills
- Prioritization skills
- Structured thinking
- Conflict Management
- Good command of English language
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top