Manager - Strategy & Planning
Job TitleManager - Strategy & Planning
Would you like to be part of an industry which is undergoing fundamental change driven by new technologies and digital transformation? Can you help the world's leading lighting company make the next shift in its business model?
Since the beginning of 2016 Philips Lighting is operating as a stand-alone entity. You have the opportunity to be part of the team that will help build and shape the future of this new company during this dynamic time.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products and services – tackling exciting consumer product segments (e.g., Hue connected lights) as well as a range of professional ones (e.g., improving shopper navigation in retail stores using visible light communication).
We continuously invest in new innovations and are considered a leader in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) space. We are building out our capabilities while creating impactful partnerships with leading global players (e.g., Apple, Cisco, Google, Bosch, SAP).
At the same time we strive to make the world more sustainable through energy-efficient lighting systems and we are committed to help end light poverty. We have been actively supporting governments with their push towards "Smart Cities" with our connected lighting and services and continue to invest in green innovation.
Who are we looking for?
Are you a highly talented strategist, currently working for a top-tier strategy consulting firm, who can support our Leadership Team to make the right decisions? Are you interested in innovation and seeking new challenges?
This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy, innovation and growth in a global company. Can you bring together the right balance of problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to turn your thinking into decisions and actions?
As a Manager in the Strategy team, you will:
- Own and drive project modules, under the guidance of your project manager;
- Conduct high quality, meaningful, evidence-based business analyses;
- Build and communicate actionable recommendations;
- Contribute to running and improving the Strategy team.
The Strategy team consists of alumni from top-tier consulting firms (e.g., Bain, BCG, McKinsey) and is a talent pool for future Philips leaders. We have a good track record of transitioning our people into the business. The team always works with a mandate from the Lighting Leadership Team, and usually works hand-in-hand with them, and other Philips leadership.
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Lighting Leadership Team, plus the ability to work in a variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development.
Our benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive salary plus relocation expenses (in case of international);
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive tools to drive your career, like a personal development budget, training and coaching;
- Solid company pension scheme;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount;
- 25 days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually;
- Opportunity to apply for the 30% tax ruling for foreigners (eligibility criteria are set and judged by the Dutch government).
The position is based in Amsterdam - A city consistently ranked in the top 15 in the world for Quality of Living, Startups and Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Top City to Work In. Learn more about living and working in the Netherlands: http://www.relocationguide.philips.nl
A talented Strategy Manager for our Lighting Strategy team in Amsterdam with:
- At least 2 years experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm (e.g., Bain, BCG, McKinsey); alternatively, 3 to 6 years in new business development or strategy with a top-tier international company, private equity or venture capital firm;
- International business experience;
- Excellent academic track record;
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel (25%).
Recruitment process and contact
If the challenge of influencing strategy at Philips Lighting appeals to you, please apply directly online by means of your resume and a cover letter.
We have no specific closing date, however urge you to apply as soon as possible. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a recruiter interview and business interviews. Pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Want to learn more about Philips Lighting?
Visit our website (http://www.lighting.philips.com) to see our exciting range of products and services. You can also view some of our videos here:
Working at Philips Lighting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSn_kIzewT4&feature=youtu.be&list=PLj9hU1O4UB00pjCsPYKv5TXJVQvcHhKGB
Connected Lighting: https://youtu.be/QcHwkPgAXBw
Consumer Home Lighting: https://youtu.be/lCv4r3wgsPQ
Commercial Buildings and Public Spaces: https://youtu.be/drbzcCffnHg
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top