Maintenance Mechanic / Electrician - Langley, BC
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of our Industrial Operations Team in Langley, BC, Canada. Its responsibilities are at the heart of providing primary afternoon shift support for breakdown maintenance and preventative maintenance of production equipment, tools and facilities so aspiring for excellence must be in your DNA. The working hours are from 3:00pm to 11:00pm Monday through Friday.
Together we can...
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks (70% mechanical + 30% electrical) as needed.
- Perform upgrades and improvements to electrical parts and systems as needed to support business goals
- Conduct routine inspections and preventative maintenance of equipment
- Take a full process approach with ownership of electrical and mechanical elements of maintenance work
- Expand existing preventative maintenance program to add electrical, controls and IT elements
- Support and / or oversee the implementation and maintenance of equipment disaster recovery program
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Analyze and document test results
- Diagnose root cause of electrical malfunctions, propose and implement appropriate fixes
- Install and repair cables and wiring
- Work closely with all departments and employees to provide excellent customer service, communication and maintain high levels of equipment uptime
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power tools, measuring and diagnostic devices
- Maintain conformance to ISO 9001 procedures, and work with team mates to improve the effectiveness of standard operating procedures
- Perform weekend, shift-work and over-time, as required
- Performs other duties as required to support business objectives
A bold, resourceful self-starter with knack for adding value in unexpected places. You live and breathe our company values and come equipped with the following competencies:
- High school diploma
- Valid Red Seal Industrial Electrician designation is required. OR Alternatively - Electrical Technologist working in a maintenance environment
- Minimum 5 years' experience in maintaining machinery, tools and equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read and write English fluently
- Systematic approach to troubleshooting and diagnosis of electrical /electronics problems
- Experienced with CNC machine tools, PLC's, computer networks is preferred
- Experienced with preventative maintenance and autonomous maintenance efforts
- Experienced with analysis and resolution of breakdown events
- Experienced with structured problem solving and continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Strong in mechanical and electrical
- Analytical in decision making and problem solving
- Keen in observation skills and attention to detail in all aspects of work
- An independent worker
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility
- A strong communicator
- Good knowledge of MS Operating Systems, Excel, Word, Outlook
Full benefit coverage (medical and Dental)
Employee Assistance Program
Dynamic and exciting work environment.
A safe work environment
A culture of continuous improvement
Best in group balanced business score card
An active social committee
And we are actively developing new products
We are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To be eligible for this position, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada and travel within North America, without any additional sponsorship support from Signify.
#LI-NC1 10 No
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top