Job TitleLighting Designer
Philips Lighting (Euronext Amsterdam ticker: LIGHT) is a global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. In 2015, we had sales of EUR 7.4 billion and currently we have approximately 36,000 employees in over 70 countries.
Philips challenges you to bring awareness and excitement by explaining the role that light plays in different contexts thereby influencing purchasing decisions/deals. You will assess and validate the potential application of our products to meet the desired lighting solution.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Preparation of lighting projects in accordance with specific technical requirements:
- Developing lighting concepts
- Preparation of lighting calculations
- Designing lighting control systems
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Presentation of proposed lighting solutions to customers and end users
- Collaboration with architects, design offices and key customers
- Providing trainings and technical presentations
- Taking a part in audits and lighting measurements
- Cooperation and providing for support trade organization
- Cooperation with the research and development department
- Bachelor or master degree, with the preference in technical area: electric or architectural filed. Preferred specialization: lighting technology
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) as a must
- 3+ years of lighting design and application support in the Lighting industry
- Hands-on expr in using Dialux, Relux, Autocad or other Lighting Design software
- Knowledge of Photoshop, 3D studio, Revit will be an added value
- Basic knowledge of control systems and building automation will be an added value
- Proven track record in creating innovative and effective lighting designs and layouts will be a plus
- Lighting certification and/or equivalent experience will be a plus
- Excellent communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with others in a professional, courteous and ethical manner.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.
Please provide a clause: "Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883)".
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top