Legal Manager - North Latam
Job TitleLegal Manager - North Latam
You will be in charge of managing all the legal and compliance matters along North Latam Cluster Lighting business and advice to the management team as well as leading the inhouse and external lawyers within the country.
- Overall management of legal function and legal affairs in North Latam cluster, including corporate and commercial law, cross-border transactions, competition law, product packaging and advertising, legal and ethics compliance, business immigration matters, litigation and claims, labor and employment law, product safety reporting and privacy, Public Private Partnership and public tenders, financing projects, etc.
- Develop and roll out standardized ways of working from a contractual, policy and process standpoint to ensure effective management of legal risks in business dealings.
- Appointment and supervision of external counsel, and administration of legal department invoices and budget.
- Serve as Ethics Officer and Privacy Officer for North Latam cluster and provide staff training on all related laws, corporate policies and rules.
- Serve as an active member of Philips North Latam cluster Board of Directors and Management Team.
We are looking for:
- Master's degree with > 6 years of related experience.
- Has substantial experience as Legal Counsel / Legal Manager/ Head of Legal.
- Has broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Good business acumen and ability to manage a lean law department and budget.
- Excellent communication skills and very proactive.
- Capable to interact with executives and/or major customers; interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders.
- Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top