Legal Counsel- Saudi Arabia
Job TitleLegal Counsel- Saudi Arabia
Legal Counsel- Saudi Arabia
Your challenge is provide full legal support to the Philips Lighting Saudi Arabia organization, while keeping the rest of the legal function in the Middle East & Turkey up to date on major pertinent legal matters and issues. You will be reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel in Dubai.
As a Legal Counsel, you are responsible for:
- Structuring, drafting, negotiating, closing commercial contracts, and assisting in complex transactions including major projects.
- Advising the Philips business on labor & employment, regulatory, privacy, antitrust, advertising/ promotional matters, projects, and local public procurement practices.
- Manage claim litigation matters.
- Assessing the risk profiles, and developing appropriate measures to address and mitigate the identified risks.
- Serving as a legal advisor and strategic business partner to management in Saudi Arabia.
- Working together with Middle East & Turkey legal team on major regional issues.
- Providing ongoing legal advice and support on general commercial matters and transactions.
- Providing regulatory and compliance advice, and be a motivator and energizer for a strong culture of integrity and compliance.
- Liaising with government authorities, including ministry of commerce and investments, and the Saudi Arabian general investment authority.
- Creating legal forms, best practices, and rollout common legal processes.
You will work with smart, passionate, energetic colleagues dedicated to making an impact on people's lives with light.
This is your opportunity to join a leading, innovative brand with attractive products and services. You can build a career in an international environment. In addition, we offer a competitive package of benefits including a good salary and career development opportunities.
We are looking for
- A candidate who has worked with either a reputable international law firm or in-house with a multinational, ideally within manufacturing, consumer electronics, healthcare or related sectors.
- A candidate with strong cultural awareness and understanding.
- Significant, sophisticated transactional experience and domestic contract drafting and negotiations.
- Ability to cope with pressure and multiple deadlines contemporaneously.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Fluency in Arabic is essential (Reading, Writing, and speaking).
- Fluency in English (should be able to communicate complex legal issues in English).
- Proven stakeholder management experience.
- International contract drafting and negotiations is a plus.
- Ability to resolve legal issues effectively and ability to make risk calls is a plus.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top