LED Electronics Validation Engineering – Quality Project Leader
Job TitleLED Electronics Validation Engineering – Quality Project Leader
Philips Lighting is in rapid transition from product development via system development towards creating solutions for customers. The complexity of the projects as well as the number of multi-site / multi region projects result in higher requirements for the Quality Project Leader (QPL) in such projects. In order to assist both projects as well as the organization, we are looking for a System Quality Project Leader with a strong knowledge base in (embedded) software.(ECO QPL).
Key area of responsibilities
- The ECO QPL should be able to create and maintain overview within projects and support improvements in the organization, in order to support maturing within and between projects.
- The ECO QPL should keep an integral view on all quality aspects within a project including business aspects, System, (embedded) Software and Hardware requirements, when executing his tasks. Risk management is one of the key responsibilities of an (ECO) QPL, next to positive critical challenging of the Integral Project Manager.
- The ECO QPL participates in project teams to ensure the agreed quality processes and tools are used, to encourage team members to contribute to continuous improvement and to help the team to present quality metrics
- The ECO QPL evaluates the quality of the various deliverables in the project and takes ownership in correcting potential gaps, together with the Integral Project Manager.
- Supporting the previous characteristic, sensitivity to interactions between subprojects and/or project members helps to early identify potential quality issues. Understand and be able to align the different ways of working and culture within multi-site / multi-region projects.
- The ECO QPL should radiate a natural authority, which helps project members to assess their own sense of quality, as opposed to project members leaving quality-related work to the QPL.
- The ECO QPL must be able to translate his own experience in the different SW fields (architect, designer, tester, project leader) into actionable improvements for both the projects as well as the organization. Background shall be in the Electronics and (embedded) Software fields, preferably with active experience in Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- The ECO QPL should apply and guard the defined organizational procedures for projects, though always with the end goal of quality maturity in mind. "Strict where needed, flexible were possible".
- The ECO QPL should be able to assist projects and the organization in mapping the organizational way of work (Integral Creation Process) and the SW way of work (Agile/Scrum, Configuration Management, Change Management) to each other.
- Wherever possible, the QPL facilitates the projects and the organization with first-time quality improvements, however always with generic improvement in mind. This means that such facilitation should be the first step towards procedural improvement and quality maturity
In this senior role you will be part of the LED Systems R&D organization in Eindhoven. The total site department consists of about 100 persons. You are part of a project team and participates in the QPL functional team, which includes 16 Quality Project Leaders globally. You will report directly to the R&D Group manager Quality & Reliability.
- Masters or PhD degree in (Electronics) Engineering with embedded and/or application software knowledge is pro.
- 3+ years of experience in quality assurance, reliability, testing & validation methodologies, and statistical tools and techniques (DfSS, Design for Reliability, Quality Test Plans, Prediction tools, FMEA,...)
- 5+ years of experience with code development and (embedded) software engineering.
- Experience in Hardware / (embedded) Software / system release
- Experience in agile development technologies, preferably SAFe
- Experience with Configuration Management definition, deployment and tooling
- Fluent (verbal and written) in Dutch and English
Regarding your personal characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Team player and coach: Building successful teams.
- Showing Leadership and ability to influence stakeholders on Quality related issues
- 5+ years of experience in an international business environment. In depth knowledge of lighting technology, products and applications is a pre.
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process, you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round.
The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top