LED Architect (Phosphor)
Job TitleLED Architect (Phosphor)
Key Areas of Responsibility：
- Contribute in-depth LED phosphor competence setup
- Contribute in definition of LED engine strategy, by identifying and assessing LED chip, phosphor and package architecture trends and by scouting LED new technologies
- Assess and steer LED phosphor and package supplier roadmaps to enable the most appropriate LEDs for applications
- Bridge lamp technology and LED phosphor/package technology, identify and define new opportunities for the different Lighting business utilizing new technologies and/ or LED phophor and package architectures, to enrich Philips leadership and differentiation position
- LED packages co-design and release
- Support design-ins of LED packages to LED lamps/systems, support LED phosphor and package FA
- Coaching and competence build up. Contribute in expanding LED competence influence to Philips global organizations
Job Requirements & Skills
Education: MSc in areas related to optoelectronics (i.e. materials
science, electrical engineering) with extensive background knowledge
- Quantum physics
- Solid state devices and physics
- Inorganic materials
- Polymer science
- Experience: 5-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in the LED Lighting, with extensive knowledge of the LED industry
- Competency and Skills
- The ideal candidate has experience in both developing and manufacturing LED (including phosphor technology) and/or LED Lighting products.
- The ideal candidate has well developed analytical skills and a fundamental understanding of Cost Modeling and Benchmarking and applies these from a market- and customer perspective
- The ideal candidate is familiar with optical, electrical, and thermo-mechanical, chemical contamination, process issues that are relevant to quality and reliability of LED phosphor and Lighting products.
- The ideal candidate is familiar with spectrum engineering, photometrics and human engineering related to lighting spectrum
- The ideal candidate has strong communicator and is a decision maker, able to influence on different levels in a fast-paced cross-functional organization and highly competitive industry
- The ideal candidate shows determination to achieve excellent results and able to work in cross functional teams.
- The ideal candidate has a great drive for getting things done, on-time
- The ideal candidate has experience developing and delivering executive level & customer presentations
- The candidate has ability to work effectively across the organization and at all level
- Good command of the English language in both speaking and writing is a must
- Travel Frequency : 25%
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top