Leader of Freight, Distribution & Commodity North America (Senior Level)
Job TitleLeader of Freight, Distribution & Commodity North America (Senior Level)
Job DescriptionAbout Philips Lighting
Philips Lighting is a global leader in lighting products, systems and services. We combine unrivalled technological know-how with a deep understanding of how lighting can positively impact people's lives. The result? Innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help liberate and empower. As lighting becomes increasingly digital, connected and integrated into the Internet of Things, we are at the forefront of shaping this fascinating new era. We sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services. We continue to redefine how digital lighting can transform everything from homes and offices to retail spaces, public areas and cities. In short; we take light beyond illumination.
A career at Philips Lighting offers you the opportunity to create your own legacy, building on our heritage of leadership in innovative lighting. We are looking for passionate, bold and ambitious people with a game-changing mentality. You can apply your knowledge, fresh ideas and energy in a dynamic, transforming industry that's evolving at an unprecedented rate. Our global reach will give you the opportunity to work and collaborate with inspirational colleagues around the world in a variety of functional areas. Bring your vision and skills to the diverse environment of Philips Lighting and help us tap into the extraordinary potential of lighting.
This individual will be responsible for driving sourcing and outsourcing projects in the area of physical distribution with a focus on road, parcel and warehousing with the aim to optimize total cost of ownership and create agile and scalable supply chains. You will enable the execution of growth initiatives through the sourcing of transport modalities for businesses and markets, define commodity and sourcing strategies aligned with business programs and requirements. In addition, lead negotiations teams, be part of implementation projects and build business partner relationships with strategic suppliers.
- Define sourcing strategies aligned with business requirements, execute strategic tender processes and lead the negotiations process including timelines and facilitate the decision making process. Ensure commercial gatekeeping during implementation.
- Support development of business cases and track savings.
- Optimize the supply base on the basis of total cost of ownership and develop sustainable supplier relationships.
- Manage the business review process with suppliers to ensure that market trends, supplier performance and the future business needs of the sectors are aligned.
- Lead commodity strategy development team.
- Align with business group or market group supply chain management to ensure successful definition and execution of commodity strategies.
- Ensure effective relationship/stakeholder management towards business/markets.
- Actively support with supply market & process knowledge and expertise in the area of F&D.
- Act as Global Supplier Manager for a strategic supplier, including relationship management, strategy alignment, supplier development.
Bachelor degree in related disciplines required and MBA preferred.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top