(Lead) Test automation Engineer - Mobile apps
Job Title(Lead) Test automation Engineer – Mobile apps
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people’s lives with light.
Since the launch of in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
We have become the world’s leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smarthome platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smarthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that inter-operate with our system.
Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue.
As a Mobile App test automation engineer in the Hue mobile Application Team, you will be challenged to to release Mobile App’s on regular (monthly) base , making use as much as possible of test automation to shorten time to market cycles and keeping the highest quality for the released versions in the market. Being member of an agile team you will seek for continuous improvement and accelerate the release of the product whilst focusing on operational excellence by using or implementing new tools and processes.
- Develop the test automation frame work and set up regression and integration tests, as well as verification and acceptance tests, as required in the projects
- Develop test automation scripts and introduce required test tools
- Prepare with the test team an optimal test plan for each project, including specification of test tools and test criteria
- Analyze test results, analyse the cause of errors, and give feedback to the Software Development Engineers
- Report problem reports and results to project management and CCB
- Effective contribution in reviewing deliverables of requirements and test cases of peers.
- Adherence with processes (including tools, build process) and contribution in process improvements in both own and related project teams
- Effective collaboration with all roles in the development team
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field and proactive knowledge sharing with others
You will be based at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate software craftsmen working on the world’s leading connected lighting system. Surrounded by usability experts, product owners, software architects and test engineers, you’ll take up the challenge to build high quality and exciting innovations providing the best lighting experience for our customers.
When joining Philips Hue, you will be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips Lighting shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
A highly driven test automation engineer that can set up a continuous delivery pipeline for iOS and Android Mobile Applications, who:
- Is a good communicator, has problem solving skills, quality mindset and passion for Mobile Application Test automation
- Has at least three years of experience in UI test automation and mobile App testing
- Has experience with continuous delivery methodologies
- Is familiar with testing methodologies in agile environment
- Has Aavanced skills in scripting languages such as Ruby, Python or Lua
- Knowledge of behavior driven development based on Gerkin-Cucumber and of test automation frameworks like Calabash or Appium is a plus
- Solid understanding of the agile development and testing process
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment – and business interviews. An online assessment may be part of our recruitment process.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top