Lead Artifical Intelligence/Machine Learning Scientist PhD REQUIRED
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Research Americas. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving lighting research, so aspiring for innovation must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
will play an active role in a world-class research and front-end innovation that is at the heart of the future of the company on artificial intelligence and machine learning. You will have a unique opportunity to make a difference by innovating new IoT applications, data and analytics enabled systems and services for the Philips Lighting businesses. You will have a great opportunity to create innovations and technical breakthroughs with major potential business impact, drive them to business successes, protected by relevant IP. You will conduct end-to-end innovation with the business, markets and end-customers by leveraging global teams, and the US entrepreneurial and innovative ecosystem. You will have ample opportunities to partner with world class universities.
You will play a leading role to identify new IoT use cases and opportunities, and apply your data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and IoT knowledge and experience in combination with your business skills to develop innovative solutions, build first-of-a-kind proof-of-concept demonstrators and transfer to business. You will coach and mentor research staff members. You will own, lead and grow new AI/ML related projects with intended positive business outcomes and improve customer experience. Your work will involve agile development of cloud-based data analytics and business-enabling solutions. Being part of our front-end organization, you take a leading role on actively scouting, keeping track of, evaluating, and leveraging disruptive technologies, and emerging industrial, academic, technological and socioeconomic trends. An integral part of your role is to interact with business stakeholders and customers to understand their problems and seek advocacy on practical use cases. In addition, you will transfer technology, and share insights and best practices across innovation teams. You are expected to contribute to innovation strategy and execution.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields with 5+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience of artificial intelligence, machine learning, self-learning systems and deep learning with proven track record of innovation solving business and real problems, including mastering the mathematical underpinnings of these methods
- Strong knowledge of data mining, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, statistical techniques and dimensionality reduction, including mastering the mathematical underpinnings of these methods
- Familiarity with database warehousing principles and database systems such as SQL and NoSQL
- Experience in using multiple data sources to develop strategies with outputs that are insightful and actionable
- Strong working experience with Big Data and knowledge of big data infrastructure
- Experience with using opensource methodologies to accelerate innovation
- Programming experience with C/C++, Java, Python, or other related tools
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills as well as ability to work in a global team
- Experience with developing, implementing and maintaining large scale data-enabled solutions and services
- Natural Language Processing
- Experience with distributed software systems, computer networking and data analytics infrastructure
- Proficiency in software API design and access control to enable new services and applications
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Map-Reduce programming
- Experience in sensor analytics/signal processing
- Prior agile/Scrum experience
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Policy: Signify North America Corporation ("Signify") will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Signify, or (c) consistent with Signify's legal duty to furnish information. #LI-FM1
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top