Key Account Manager Entertainment Lighting
Job TitleKey Account Manager Entertainment Lighting
Your primary role, as Key Account Manager for Philips Lighting Entertainment, you will be responsible for the business development within the Scandinavian region. You will be a self-motivated and driven sales professional with an ambition to succeed. This is a challenging role, working to develop the brands under the Philips Entertainment portfolio and helping to create a “Whole Philips Solution” culture with the end users and chosen distribution channels.
Your secondary role, as application specialist supporting the DACH region to ensure the Key Account Maagers and our partners are fully supported by delivering product & technical knowledge, competitor analysis and “channel” expertise. You will work closely with the Vari-lite & Showline Product Marketing Manager to provide comprehensive product management of the brands.
- Through a deep understanding of our end user customers and their entertainment lighting needs and our chosen distribution channels manage the designated business to deliver on the growth and value goals of Philips Entertainment Group
- Develop an annual business plan and budgets to deliver on the Groups strategic goals.
- Drive the business growth through a combination of innovative and traditional marketing solutions to best deliver to our market segments the planned outcomes agreed in the annual plan
Product Specialist & Support:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key specifiers, lighting designers and consultants, to ensure they are fully aware of our product portfolio and “one Philips” solutions. You will work to ensure our product adoption and specification to drive growth through our chosen sales channels.
- Through these relationships develop a deep understanding of their needs and visions for the future, and share insights gained of new market opportunities, product and application ideas with management, product managers and the sales team to enable us to develop solutions to meet these needs and opportunities.
- Support the sales team with product knowledge and technical assistance, including dealer training and product demonstrations. You will attend local and regional trade shows and seminars/shoot outs to provide expertise and support to our dealers and RSMs
- Work with the Vari-lite & Showline Product Marketing Manager , to develop new product ideas that support the EMEA market needs. You will help develop product launch and “go-to-market” plans, working with all necessary team members to ensure best execution.
- Together with the Marketing Manager and other product specialists assume responsibility for managing our trade show presence. Liaising with all appropriate colleagues in sales, marketing and management to ensure the show meets our stated objectives.
- Invest time and effort in developing yourself, through successful completion of the mandatory Philips Learning courses and any relevant courses or development programs to help you achieve your goals.
- Constantly work to understand and embody the Philips core values and represent them internally with colleagues, staff and outwardly in your interaction with our end users and distribution partners
- Whilst this job description forms the basis of your duties, you may be asked to undertake additional duties from time to time as may be reasonably required by the company.
- Work to achieve targets and key objectives agreed at your yearly PPM with your line manager.
Philips Entertainment aims to establish itself as the leader in the Entertainment Lighting and Controls Segment by leveraging the broad range of acquisitions that Philips has made. You will be joining a small but energetiec and close nit team, responsible for representing the Philips Strand, Philips Selecon, Showline and Philips Vari-lite brands in the EMEA region. The role reports directly to the General Manager EMEA for the Entertainment Business.
We are looking for
If you want to become our new Key Account Manager for Philips Entertainment, you have:
- At least 8 to 10 years of experiences in the entertainment industry, with experience and established contacts in rental and concert touring segment.
- You will be self-motivated, technically minded and able to talk in detail about the portfolio at a high level of technical competence and application knowledge, good presentation skills are essential.
- As the role requires travel outside of Scandinavia and DACH, and communication globally with the Entertainment team, you will need to have a good grasp of both spoken and written English. Additional languages would be an advantage but not essential for this role.
- Willing to travel around 75% of the time, predominantly within the Scandinavian region and across EMEA and possible internationally to support the groups needs and for trainings
We offer you the opportunity to build an international sales career at a leading brand with high-visibility projects and progressive customers. You can work on innovative deals and business models in a challenging, fast-paced environment, where you can also make a relevant impact on the business development. In addition, we offer a competitive package of benefits including a good salary, bonuses, flexible working, career development opportunities, family-friendly employment policies and discounts on Philips products.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your application through the Philips career site. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a telephone interview and afterwards business interviews.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top