Junior Security Analyst - Data / Information Protection
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the undisputed leader in the lighting industry. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
You will join the leader in the lighting industry and learn through disruptive challenges. You will be part of a global team, where performance is powered through diversity. Help us shape the future of light in the Internet of Things and work with us on our commitment to achieve a more sustainable future.
Join us and #findyourmeaning at Signify.
As a Junior Security Analyst - Data / Information Protection you will have a direct role in the proper identification, classification and labeling of digital assets. You will be challenged to leverage your technical aptitude, to manage the information classification and protection infrastructure while engaging as a team with information asset owners in order to assist in proper identification and labeling of confidential information. You will be required to quickly gain knowledge and expertise to perform Information Classification processes as a primary resource. As information becomes more free-flowing in our business environment, we need to assure that the appropriate security is provided.
As a member of the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) team within IT Security, you will report directly into the Manager Data / Information Protection. The team is focused on protecting data through a lifecycle of creating, protecting, using, storing and disposing of digital assets. The team governs a document labeling framework and corresponding applications. You will be a critical member of the team that strives to ensure confidential data is identified and appropriately labeled. You will work closely with your DLP colleagues to align objectives with processes.
Together we can...
As a Junior Security Analyst Data / Information Protection you:
- Monitor and track incidents to ensure that sensitive and personally identifiable information (PII) related data does not leave the company and appropriate remediation takes place.
- Define and implement DLP policies according to the Security Standards and Policies
- Engage with business units in order to identify and classify digital assets required to be monitored
- Analyze incidents/tickets generated by the DLP applications as per Signify rules and policies
- Accurately classify events and work with other Business and IT teams in ensuring completeness of remediation when necessary.
- Send notifications to impacted parties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in small to medium sized projects aimed at improving overall processes and deliverables supported by the global team.
- Engage in a quarterly Quality Assurance exercise to check for team's consistency in handling incidents.
- Perform on demand reports and prepare tables suited for presentation and discussion.
- Work on monthly metrics reporting to help identify repeat offenders, understand trends and propose possible process changes
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Information Technology or Business, or equivalent experience.
- First internship experience in an IT (Security) Department, in a multinational / corporate environment
- Interest in learning about information classification and protection, and working with DLP tools and technologies (e.g. Symantec DLP, Titus and Azure DRM)
- Knowledge of risk assessment processes is a plus.
- Ability to be concise and clear in communication.
- Ability to work well in a team to accomplish departmental objectives.
When joining Signify, you will be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career including personal development budget and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A bonus based on both Signify results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Signify shares and products with discount
Back to top